Chapter Seven

"What's the rush?" Bellamy asks finally catching up to Clarke and Wells. "You don't survive a spear through the heart." He says while holding up his gun. He waves it in the air aimlessly.

Clarke and Wells stop to turn around towards us. "Put the gun away, Bellamy." Wells says trying to walk closer to Bellamy, but Murphy stops him.

"Well, why don't you do something about it, huh?" Murphy says while pushing Wells backwards. It is clear that Murphy wants to punch Wells until he is literally black and blue, and covered in blood. However he holds back and that is a good thing.

"Jasper screamed when they moved him." I remind them all. "If the spear struck his heart, he'd have died instantly. Nevertheless if he is dead we owe it to him to find him and at least give him a proper grave." Clarke gives me a small smile thankfully for helping her in the argument. I may not be Clarke's biggest fan, but she is right most of the time.

"No matter, that doesn't mean we have time to waste." Clarke says meaning for everyone to keep walking, but when she does Bellamy pulls her back. Her eyes meet his shocked over his harsh movement.

He grabs a hold of her wrist bringing it up to his face so the wristband becomes clear to everyone. "As soon as you take this wristband off, we can go." He smirks at her, but she doesn't seem amused at all.

Anger becomes clear on her face. "The only way the Ark is gonna think I'm dead is if I'm dead." She glares at him, but he doesn't falter. "Got it?"

"Brave princess." He replies tauntingly.

"Hey, why don't you find your own nickname?" Finn says suddenly appearing from the woods. "You call this a rescue party? Got to split up, cover more ground." He walk over to us ready to split us into groups. "Clarke, come with me. Bellamy go with Wells, and Mercy you go with Murphy." It is no secret that he didn't put Wells and Murphy together because they would kill each other.

Finn and Clarke goes up a small hill. Bellamy and Wells continue to walk forward with me and Murphy trailing behind. "Can I ask you a personal question?" I ask Murphy while I look around me in case someone else decides to give us company.

"No, but something tells me you will ask anyway." He says carelessly keeping his eyes straight forward. There is still blood on his face from yesterday, and I wonder why he hasn't cleaned it yet.

"How did you get arrested?" I ask boldly keeping my eyes on his face to see any reaction he might get.

He looks to the side so he can see my face. "I set fire to the quarters belonging to the men that arrested my father." He has no shame in his words, and I wouldn't either. I understand why he did it, but that wasn't what I was expecting him to say. "Disappointed?" He ask noticing the look on my face.

"No, I was just expecting something ruthless." I tell him with a small laugh hearing now that it sounded much meaner then I intended it to be.

"Well, according to everyone else it was quite ruthless." His eyes move back to the trail now not feeling so good about what he told me. It's not the first thing that would pop into my mind to do towards someone that killed my parents, but I would have wanted revenge, anyone would.

"It wasn't ruthless, it was justified. They deserved it." I tell him with a smile, and this time I get one in return. He doesn't seem to be as bad as everyone makes him out to be. He is just misunderstood, like me, because no one has ever cared to listen to the reason behind our actions.

-

We have been walking for a long while now, and after Clarke and Finn found some blood on a leaf we decided it was best if we all walked together.

"Hey, how do we know this is the right way?" Murphy says asking what we are all thinking.

"We don't." Bellamy replies walking over to Finn. "Spacewalker thinks he's a tracker." I am not going to complain seeing as I don't know any more then Finn so I decide not to say anything at all.

"It's called 'cutting sign.' Fourth-year earth skills." Wells replies for Finn, obviously done with all the complaining. "He's good."

"You want to keep it down or should I paint a target on your backs?" Finn barks back at all of us for talking to loudly. No matter, we have been talking loudly for a while so it wouldn't help anything to suddenly be quiet now.

Suddenly Finn stops to look at a broken branch. He bends down towards the rocks to see blood covering them, hopefully it is Jasper's. Clarke and Finn look at each other, both thinking the same thing.

"See? You're invisible." Bellamy tells Wells but I ignore it seeing as I have no idea what he means. It is obvious that Wells loves Clarke, but I fully understand why she is mad at him. He killed her father after all, to at least that is what I have heard.

A sound of pain fills the silence, and everyone turns their head in the direction of it. "What the hell was that?" Murphy asks from beside me.

"Now would be a good time to take out that gun." Clarke tells Bellamy before we all start walking towards where the sound came from, hoping we finally have found Jasper, and hopefully alive.

We walk trough a small forest, and when we come into the clear there is a big tree in the middle with Jasper tied to the top. They have taken of his shirt, so his wound is very visible. However they have put something over it. Nevertheless, what makes me breath out in relief is that he is still breathing, he is still alive.