Chapter Fourteen

"I have an offer for you." Murphy says walking up to me with his hands behind his back. A small smile is playing at his lips while he look at me gathering wood for the fire tonight.

"And what is that?" I ask standing up with the wood I already have picked up in my hands giving him my attention.

"Well, since you have no tent to sleep in I am offering a place to sleep in mine. They are not making any more tents, and I promise I will keep my hands to myself." He says with a playful wink.

I look away so he won't see the faint blush in my cheeks, but something tells me he saw it anyway. "Thank you, John. That's really nice of you." I send him a thankful smile, and relief of finally having a place to sleep washes over me.

"Good, but I was wondering why you weren't helping with the wall." He isn't frowning upon me, he is just wondering. There are a lot of people that are trying to get away from having to build the wall, but I am not one of those people.

"Believe me I have tried, but it seems like the people here has a hard time accepting my help." I tell him with a little shame. I don't want people to fear what I might to, because I have it under control, I think.

Murphy doesn't look happy with what I told him, and take a step back shouting out. "No water till this section is up!" A guy behind us stops working and stares at Murphy. "What? What are you starting at, huh?"

Out of nowhere Clarke shoves the guy to the side, and pushes Murphy back while screaming. "You son of a bitch! "

"What's your problem?" He asks her once he gains his balance with a hint of humor in his voice. The people around stops working to watch the scene unfolding in front of them.

"Recognize this?" She asks holding up his knife. I remember him throwing it into a tree last night, but I can't remember if he went to get it or not.

"It's my knife. Where'd you find it?" He asks trying to take it back, but Clarke pulls her hand back making sure he doesn't get it.

"Where you dropped it after you killed Wells." She quickly replies. I step forward now feeling utterly confused about the whole situation.

"Where I what?" He asks just as confused as me. Behind Clarke I can see Bellamy, Octavia and Jasper appear. Bellamy crosses his arms, waiting for an excuse to come out of Murphy's mouth. "The grounders killed Wells, not me."

"I know what you did, and you're gonna pay for it." Clarke says walking closer to Murphy trying to intimidate him, but it doesn't work.

"Really?" He smirks as he looks up at Bellamy standing behind her. "Bellamy, you really believe this crap?" Bellamy doesn't answer, and just stands there staring at him.

"You threatened to kill him. We all heard you. You hated Wells." She says trying to find a motive for why he would kill Wells.

"Plenty of people hated Wells. His father was the chancellor that locked us up." He says trying to defend himself. I hated Wells, but I wouldn't kill him, and neither would Murphy.

"Yeah, but you're the only one who got in a knife fight with him." She screams at him. I know Murphy can defend himself which is why I have decided not to say anything yet. I don't want to interfere, but Clarke is making it very difficult not to.

"Yeah, I didn't kill him then, either." Murphy says, and has a strong point. Even though he was held back I know he wouldn't have been able to go trough with it, or maybe he would have, but he wouldn't have done it without reason.

"Tried to kill Jasper, too." Octavia says speaking up, and it is clear which side she is on. Jaspers eyes goes wide, and so does mine. "What?" He asks a little scared while looking over at Monty. I didn't know he tried, but the important thing is that he didn't. However, it is not important right now because he is alive and well.