Chapter Forty

Everyone is gathered outside on the camp ground when Abbey, and Jaha step outside. Everyone turns around to look at them, expecting them to say something. "Chancellor?" Jaha says meaning for Abbey to speak up.

I am standing alongside Clarke, and Finn who both look very interested in what they have to say. "By now you've all heard the rumor, and unfortunately, it's true. The Grounders are coming. We have a difficult decision to make. Thankfully, Chancellor Jaha has found his way back to us, and we're discussing all options."

People begin to whisper amongst themselves. "But to be safe," Jaha says making those people turn quiet. "You need to pack now. Whatever you can carry. We may need to leave at a moment's notice."

"Where will we go?" Someone from the crowd asks.

"I don't know, is the answer," Jaha replies. "But I heard of a place. A City of Light. It's across the dead zone. " He points in whatever direction the dead zone is.

"What makes you think we'll make it there?" Another person from the crowd asks, and for some reason this intrigues me. Going somewhere else sounds nice, but I can't leave knowing so many of our people are inside Mount Weather, and no one is doing anything.

"Because we made it here. I have faith, and right now, given the alternative, that's good enough for me." Jaha's face is red, and purple, and any other color, because of the cuts, and bruises on his face, but he still looks as strong as ever.

Suddenly Clarke steps forward. "Not for us. If we leave here, what happens to our people in Mount Weather?" People turns to look at her.

"As your mother said that is a very difficult decision to make. But the time has come for each and every one of us to ask: Is this how the story of our people ends? Did we come all this way just to die tomorrow? Because if we're not gone by the time that sun rises, that is exactly what will happen." Jaha says making people silently freak out. They talk amongst themselves scared, and because they don't want to leave their friends or families in Mount Weather.

"No decision's been made. In the meantime, please report to your station supervisor and gather emergency supplies." Abbey says, and the people begins to split up, going back to whatever they were previously doing.

Clarke, and I begin to walk away when someone grabs a hold of the both of us. We turn around to see Bellamy standing there with a slightly panicked face. "Hey, where have you been?" I ask worried.

"In the dropship," he says looking a little calmer. "You two need to come back with me right now." Clarke steps a little closer.

"Why? What's happened? " Her voice seems just as worried as mine were a few seconds ago.

"I'll explain on the way. Bring a med kit. Meet me at Raven's gate," Bellamy says as he begins to walk away, but knowing Clarke will take care of the things he asked for I just follow him to wherever he is going.

"What's going on?" I ask him once I catch up to him. His grip on his gun is tight, and it makes me worried.

"It's Loncoln," he begins to say. "We have him tied up, but he is completely out of control." I don't ask anymore questions, because I'm not sure I really want to know anymore. Once we meet Clarke we immediately walk to the dropship, and hurry inside.

Clarke, and I make it to the second floor first, and within seconds of us standing there Lincoln tries to attack us, but he is chained up just like he was when they brought him here the first time.

"It's ok. He's been restrained," he says even though we can see it.

"I can't believe we're back here again," Clarke says with defeat in her voice, and I can't help but share some of that defeat with her.