Chapter Eight

"Oh, my God. Jasper" Clarke says before finally moving. I am right behind her desperate to get to Jasper and help him.

"What the hell is this?" Bellamy says stopping, but Clarke and I keep on walking. Suddenly the ground disappears underneath us, but thankfully I was walking a little behind Clarke. She starts falling down, but I merely slip. I would also have fallen if it weren't for Murphy pulling me back. I look towards Clarke seeing her hanging from Bellamy's grip. For a second I thought he was about to let her go, but when everyone screams for him to get her up that's what he does with a little help from the others.

"You ok?" Finn asks her once she is safely on the ground again. "Yeah." She replies completely out of breath. She keeps staring at the hole, but manage to stand up. I was close to my death, but she was closer.

I turn towards Murphy seeing him standing behind me ready to pull me back again if I slip once more. "Thank you." I tell him, and for a little moment he looks shocked. "Anytime." He says with a genuine smile.

I was about to say something more, but Clarke cuts me off. "We need to get him down." She says staring at Jasper. "I'll climb up there and cut the vines." Finn says starting to move towards the tree. "Yeah, yeah, I'm with you." Wells says starting to walk the same way as Finn.

Finn however didn't like that idea. "No. Stay with Clarke." He says strictly. "And watch him." Finn glares at Bellamy for a bit not trusting him alone with her even though he basically saved her life a few seconds ago. "You." He says pointing at me. "Let's go." I start walking towards the tree, but Murphy stops me. "Nah, I'll do it." I don't get any time to protest, because he has already started to climb the tree.

Clarke, and Wells moves to the side of the tree, leaving me and Bellamy in front of it. "There's a poultice on his wound." Clarke observes. "Medicine? Why would they save his life just to string him up as live bait?" Wells asks confused before staring at Clarke for an answer, but he doesn't get one from her.

"Maybe what they're trying to catch likes its dinner to be breathing." Bellamy says answering instead, but that wasn't what I was thinking. "Maybe what they're trying to catch is us." I tell them all, and I can see the worry form on their face.

Finn and Murphy ignores our conversation, and instead begins to cut Jasper down. "Hurry up, Murphy." Bellamy says not wanting to stay out here for long. "Be careful." Clarke adds right after letting them know we are also concerned about their safety.

Suddenly a growl is heard from the tall grass around us. "What the hell was that?" Murphy asks stopping his actions.

"Grounders?" Bellamy asks no one in particular. However, when we look towards the grass we can see a big black animal-like creature. It stops for a seconds, but then it starts to run towards us.

Bellamy pushes me behind him. "Bellamy, gun!" Clarke yells, but when he reaches for the gun in his belt it is gone. Horror strikes his face, but gun shots can be heard nonetheless. Wells had taken the gun, and has started shooting towards what looks like a panther. He hits him in the back, and it disappears in the bushes right in front of Bellamy and I. Wells stands ready with the gun in case it moves again. Seconds later it jumps out towards me and Bellamy. He stands there completely froze, so I take a hold of him and grab him with me to the ground. A bang is heard, and then it falls limp on top of us. Bellamy and I move backwards throwing it off, and just stare at it in shock.

Wells continues to shoot even though there are no more bullets left. Bellamy stands up before helping me up, and then he turns to look at Wells. His mouth open, heavy breaths falling from it. "Now she sees you." He tells Wells. Clarke is staring at Wells with wide eyes. He drops the gun and turns to look at her as well. Both not believing that Wells had it in him.

-

Once we step back into the camp Clarke, Finn and Wells rush into the drop ship to help Jasper. Finn and Wells carried him all the way. I offered to carry him once in a while, but they figured it would be best if we didn't move him to much.

Bellamy and Murphy carried the panther. It didn't sound to tempting to eat, but it is better then nothing at all. Octavia rushes up to us and stares at the panther before her when they lay it down.

"Who's hungry?!" Bellamy screams satisfied that he has provided us food. " Yeah! Bellamy! Whoo!" They scream back at him for finally getting them food. Octavia smiles at her brother, and he brings her into his arms.

However all good things come at a cost. Once the bonfire was set up, and the meat grilled people had to line up for food, and the price was that they had to take of the wristband. Murphy's minion was in control of taking them of, and Murphy and Bellamy handed out the food after.

Clarke comes out of the drop ship and stands beside Finn who has been hating on the situation ever since we got back. I walk over to them wanting to know about Jasper. "How is he doing?" I ask Clarke standing beside them.

"He's stable for now, but without medicine-" She starts saying, but once she notice what is going on she stops. "They're taking off their wristbands for food?" She asks faced by how unbelievable some people can be. "No way. I won't do it." She says staring at us. "Have you done it?" She asks me almost as if she expected me too.

"No, I won't do it either." I tell her with a slight glare to my tone, mad that she just automatically assumed the worst from me.

"You don't have to." Finn tells us before walking towards the stands with food.

He picks up three sticks with meat on them, and Murphy is not to happy about it. "Whoa, whoa. Wait, wait, wait." Murphy says trying to stop Finn from taking them. "What, you think you play by different rules?" He asks Finn, but still manage to keep a smile on his face.

"I thought there were no rules." He says before walking away, leaving Murphy dumbfounded staring at Finn's back as he walks towards us. He hands us a stick each before him and Clarke disappears to sit by the trees.

Another boy steps out of the line to go and get a meat stick as well, but Bellamy steps forwards, and hits him straight in the face making him fall to the ground. Murphy and Bellamy exchanges glances before Bellamy leaves to take the first watch.

Murphy looks at me standing here with my meat, but I only ignore him, and walk into the drop ship to keep an unconscious Jasper company.