Chapter Twenty Two

Clarke, Bellamy, Raven, Finn and a group of others left hours ago to look at the place where the Exodus ship crashed yesterday. Clarke was a mess all night, but no one judged her. Everyone that knew they had people on that ship reacted the same way.

However she wanted to distract herself, so she tried to get the arrow out of me. After what happened to Finn she knew what to do, so she managed to clean it up and all that, but she couldn't take the tip of the arrow out, because it would hurt me more. Apparently it has tangled up with something, and she needed better equipment to take it out, but for now it's fine.

Me, Monty, and some other people have been watching the wall ever since they left, just waiting, hoping that they will come back. Octavia walks over to us, and look outside the wall. "Hey. No sign of your brother or the others yet." Monty says automatically thinking that is who she is worried about.

"Hey. I don't care." He was wrong. I notice she is staring at a flower in the tree right in front of us. Every time she sees one like that she sneaks of into the wood, most likely to meet Lincoln.

"Jasper, tell us again, how'd you stay so calm? I would've been terrified." Harper asks standing around the bonfire behind us with a group of others.

"Fear is only a problem if you let it stop you, right?" He replies cockily, and both Octavia and I roll our eyes.

"That's not even his line." Octavia says moving away from the wall to look at them standing around the bonfire worshipping Jasper. "Finn said that."

"I saw the grounders in the trees. It was like nothing I ever felt. Pure animal instinct took over. One pull of the trigger, two grounders dead." Jasper says with a terrified face adding some affect to the story.

"Pure animal instinct? More like pure pants-wetting panic." I tell them earning a laugh in response. It's not that it wasn't brave of Jasper to do what he did. It just wasn't a smart thing to do.

"You don't really know what you're made of until a moment like that, you know, when it's kill or be killed, and there's just nothing between you, and the tip of the spear." He says dramatically, and I can feel myself grow tired of his fake pride.

"Ok. This has to stop." Octavia says ready to go shut him up, but Monty stops her.

"Come on. Let us have this." He says smiling at his best friend.

"Us?"

"Look at him. The boy is a folk hero. They even gave us a bigger tent." Monty smirks. I know he doesn't like the lack of time he has with Jasper, but I also know he is happy for him.

Out of nowhere clattering fills the camp making everyone alert. "Somebody hit the trip wire." A guy yells at everyone making sure they know what is happening. "Which wire?", "Was it a grounder?", "I don't see anything." Said people as they were walking around in panic.

"I got nothing." Derek says while he looks trough where he aims with his gun. "Connor?" He asks the man beside him, and I immediately recognize him from when he tied the rope around Murphy's neck.

"Nothing." Conner replies while he is too looking trough his gun to get a closer look.

"Something moved. There, there, there!" Derek says and start to fire shots. "Think I got him." Octavia and I look at each other, both thinking it is most likely Lincoln.

Octavia and I run ahead of the others making sure we get to him first. We walk to where we know the trip wire is, and when we get closer we see someone laying behind a bush. Octavia hunches down, and taps the guy's shoulder. He jumps back terrified, his breath so uneven that it doesn't sound like his lungs are working right.