Chapter Twelve

We walk into camp, and everyone rushes over to us. "We've gotta get to Jasper. I'll need boiled water to make the medicine." Clarke says walking over to the drop ship.

"Get Clarke whatever she needs." Bellamy orders a person before lowering the barrel with Atom on. They tried to cover him up the best they could, but anyone can see that there is a dead person under the jacket only covering his face.

"I better go get this grave dug." Wells says walking past Bellamy only making the situation worse.

Octavia rushes out of the drop ship bumping into Clarke on the way. "It's about time. They're gonna kill Jasper." She tells Clarke, but she doesn't seem surprised by it. "Did you get the medicine?" She ask very worried for Jasper.

"Yeah. I got it." Clarke confirms, and even though she is trying to hide it from Octavia you can hear the sorrow in her voice. "Come on. Let's go talk." Octavia ignore her holding up a finger saying that it can wait. She pushes past Clark, and walks over to where me and Bellamy are standing. "Octavia, just stay there. Please, stay back." He begs her not wanting her sister to see the boy she has grown so fond of dead.

"Stop." She tells him when he tries to hold her back, and he listens. She bends down beside the barrel, and removes the jacket covering his face slowly. Once it is of you can hear gasps fill the camp. "Atom." She whispers with tears rolling down her cheek.

"There's nothing I could do." Bellamy tries to say, and you can hear the sadness in his voice thinking he caused his sister this pain.

"Don't." She says asking him to stop talking. She looks down at Atom with a broken heart before she lays the jacket back on his face. She stands up, and Bellamy tries to stop her so he can comfort her. "O, O, please." He says trying to hold her back, but she pushes his arms of her. "Don't." She walks away angry, and that is never good.

Murphy walks up to us. "Lose anyone here?" Bellamy asks him once he has taken a deep breath. "None." Murphy replies shortly.

"Jasper?" Bellamy asks wondering about his condition. "Still breathing. Barely." Murphy looks behind him at the drop ship where Jasper is. "I tried to take him out, but your psycho little sister-" Murphy doesn't get to finish talking, because Bellamy pushes him back before gripping onto his jacker. "My what? My what?" He asks twice, pissed at what Murphy said. "Your little sister." Murphy says correcting himself pushing Bellamy of him. "Yeah, that's right. My little sister. Got anything else you want to say about her?" Murphy glares at him, but knows it is best to back down. "Nothing. Sorry."

Bellamy walks away from him. "Get him out of here." He says pointing at Atoms dead body before walking off. Murphy throws his knife at a tree pissed, and this time he hits perfectly.

I walk up to him, and wait until he looks at me which takes some time. He is about to say something, but I take a hold of his hand, and he turns quiet. I start walking towards the woods, dragging him with me. I can feel his hand squeeze mine in a way of saying thank you for getting him out of there.

It is very dark, but I remember stumbling upon this place one night. It is by a small lake, and there are no trees blocking the view of the sky. Once we make it there I bring him over to a big rock. I let go of his hands before walking over to it, and take a seat. He sits down beside me, and stares up at the stars.

It is quiet for a long time, but Murphy suddenly decides to speak up. "It is true that you killed your parents?" It didn't surprise me that he asked, I figured someone would sooner or later. However what surprised me was how calm his voice was, the lack of judgement in it.

"Yeah, it's true." I look down at my hands to ashamed to look at him.

"Why?" He asks making me look at him with wide eyes. No one except the council has asked me why I did it, because me killing them was enough for anyone to judge me. They didn't feel that they needed to know the reason behind it.

"If I tell you, you are going to think I am crazy." I chuckle, but I didn't actually find it funny. I am just nervous. I don't know why, but he is the one person I don't want to think I am insane.

"You won't know what I think until you tell me." He says with a small smirk trying to brighten the mood, but when I talk about this nothing ever really works.

I lick my lips preparing myself to tell him. "I have voices in my head." I look at him in the corner of my eye, and surprisingly he is calm. "They told me to do it, and for a long time I fought it, but it became so hard, and I thought that if I did what they told me to they would disappear." A tear roll down my cheek remembering the night. I still don't remember much, but what I remember is awful enough. "But I was wrong, they didn't go away. When I listened to them they became louder, but when I got locked up there was only me to damage. They would scream at me, and no matter how hard I tried to block them out it didn't work, and when everyone else told me I was insane it didn't exactly help either." I turn my head to look at Murphy.

He sits there completely quiet only listening to what I have to say. He takes a hold of my hands, and it wasn't until then I realized they were shaking. His thumb caress my skin calming down my hands with every stroke. "Are they talking right now?" He asks looking me straight in the eyes.

"They usually don't talk when you are around." I tell him honestly. The only time was when we first met, but after that nothing. He nods his head with a sweet smile. "What happened to your parents?" I ask wanting to talk about someone other then me.

He looks at the lake debating whether or not to tell me. "When I was very young I got the flue, and my father got caught stealing medicine for me. He got floated, and it was all for nothing because the medicine didn't even help. My mother started drinking pretty heavily after that, and the last thing she told me before I found her dead in a pool of her own vomit is that I killed my father." A tear roll down his cheek, and before I know it my hand moves up to his face to wipe it away.

"You didn't kill him." I say, but only get a sarcastic laugh in return not believing me. "If you tell yourself you killed him then he dies as nothing more then a parent killed by his son. He died as a father trying to save the life of his son that he loved very much. Don't let him get remembered as anything other then that."

He looks at me in awe, a way I have never been looked at before. It has been the first time I have been able to talk to someone without fear of being judged. He understands me, and I fear that might not be a good thing. He doesn't say anything, and he doesn't need to because I know he has been thinking the same as me. We are both the same.

He wraps an arm around me pulling me close to him. We both turn quiet enjoying each others company while we stare at the star filled night above us.