Chapter Thirty

"Mercy!" I hear someone scream at me making my eyes open wide. I look around in panic only to see the dropship completely empty, except for Raven lying on the ground. "Finally," she says once she sees I'm awake.

"Where are the others?" I ask immediately, but she just shakes her head. Then I remember the people in the masks. They said we were as good as dead, and maybe we are.

I think back, and memories of how we locked Bellamy, and Finn outside to burn rushes back. Bellamy has been like a brother to me, and I just let them lock him out. "I'm sorry about Bellamy," Raven says as if reading my mind. "You lost someone too." I tell her not knowing how to respond to what she said. Am I say suppose to say thank you? How will that help anything?

Suddenly we hear cracks coming from outside. Probably because the person is stepping on a pile of bones. "Someone's coming. Pretend to be dead." I tell her, and she lays down and close her eyes, relaxing her whole body. I gather all the power in mine to lean forward, and take the gun laying there. I turn my back to the door, and hide the gun.

The person walks inside, it's footsteps just coming closer and closer for every seconds. When the person touches my shoulder to turn me around, and see if I am alive I aim the gun at him and shoot without a second thought. He falls, his back hitting the metal floor. Raven looks at the grounders body with scared eyes. I let go of the gun, and lay back down. My body already feeling tired from the energy I have used.

Seconds later we hear another pair of steps. The shadow of a person can be seen on the other side of the curtains covering the dropship door. Raven picks up the gun this time. I don't even have enough energy to care what will happen next. I just lay here and wait for the person to step inside. Raven aims the gun at the door, and the person pushes the curtains to the side, and steps into the dropship. A gasp leaves my mouth when I notice it is none other then John Murphy.

When he notice Raven pointing the gun at him he raise him arms in surrender. "Whoa, it's ok. It's ok, Raven, don't. Don't shoot. Please." His hands are shaking. He hasn't even noticed me yet, but if a gun were pointed at me I wouldn't pay much attention to anything else either.

"Why not? You shot me." She says lifting the gun a little so she is aiming at his heart. I can't seem to make out a word, so I do all I can to push myself up a little, and go for the gun, but I am to late. She pulls the trigger, but only a click comes from the gun. Nevertheless, Murphy jumps back ready for the hit, but it never comes. She is out of bullets. I sigh in relief before laying down again. She tries to shoot him again several times, but eventually gives up, and Murphy looks more then relieved.

He limps over to us, and falls down against a barrel. His back rests against it while he straighten out the leg that is clearly hurt. "Yeah, I would've shot me, too." He tells her with no emotion to his words. His eyes search the room before finally landing on me. Once he sees the blood stain on my white t-shirt he asks. "What happened?"

"It's the same wound I had last time, you know, before you left. It's just infected." He looks away clearly ashamed over what he did, but I am not going to let this go easy. He chose revenge over me. I thought I at least meant more to him then that.

Heavy breaths suddenly comes from Raven. I hurry to her side with much effort to check if she is alright. Her eyes are closed, but she is still breathing. Nevertheless, I check for a pulse just in case, and thankfully she has one. She is just sleeping. I go back to my previous place, and feel the stinging in my shoulder get worse by the second.

"Where are the others?" He asks trying to make conversation. Even though I really don't feel like talking I need something that can distract me from the pain.

"Some people came, and took them. I didn't see much, just that they were wearing gas masks." I tell him trough my chapped lips. I don't remember the last time I drank something. Murphy notice my dry lips, and leans forward, picking up a cup before dipping it in a bucket of water, and giving it to me. I don't say anything, I just take it.

"Why didn't them take you two?" He asks looking between me, and Raven. "They said we were as good as dead, so there was no need." I reply feeling myself grow a little scared from my own words. "What are you doing here anyway?" I ask wondering how he out of everyone survived, and made it here.

"Dying. Same as you two." He says while trying to cut the rope around his hands by using the sword of the dead grounder. Not surprisingly he manages to do so.

"I'm not dying." I tell him shortly refusing to believe that there is even a possibility that I might die. "How many more are out there?" I ask referring to the grounders. If there was one there has to be more.

"None. You fried them all. The only reason this one survived is because they left him behind to guard me." He says pointing at the dead grounder beside him.

Suddenly Raven starts couching like crazy. "Lie her on her side." Murphy tells me while I make my way over to her. It's clear that she doesn't want any help, because she keeps pushing me away. Murphy rushes over to us and push her on her side not caring about her protests. Blood drips out of her mouth every time she coughs, but it eventually calms down. "You're ok. It's all good." He tells her sitting down in front of us. "Why are you helping me?" She asks him a bit rudely. "I don't want to die alone." He tells her slowly. Even though I am mad I can't help but think how stupid it is when we are dying. If we don't survive, do I really want my last moments with him to be filled with me holding a grudge towards him?

After a few moments Murphy stands up, and picks me up in his arms, even though he has a bad leg. He carries me to the back of the drop ship, out of Raven's sight. He puts me down on top of a table, and I don't even get to say anything before he wraps his arms around me. I winch a little because of my shoulder, making him loosen his grip a little. He buries his face in my neck, and I can feel his breath brushing against my skin.

He leans back with both hands now resting on my cheeks. "I am so sorry. I was selfish, and when I have acted like that before there was never someone who could suffer from it. I have never had someone I have wanted to put before me, and I didn't realize that was you until I left, but then it was too late." His eyes are glossy as they look into mine. I am stunned at how honest he suddenly has become, and I can't seem to say anything. "I can't die knowing I didn't tell you that, and I can't die without doing this." He moves closer, and seconds later he has captured my lips in a kiss. For a moment all the pain I have felt all these year disappears, and I find myself kissing him back. His lips feel like electricity, and if the people on the Ark had thought about this to cure me they probably would have been successful a long time ago.

He pulls back, our breaths heavy. Neither of us say a word. His eyes meet mine, and that's when I know there is no need to say anything. He lifts me of the table, and sit down on the floor, dragging me with him. He lays down, and so do I. His arms wrap around my waist, and my hands take a fistful of his shirt needing something to reassure me he really is here.

It becomes harder to breath, and more and more blood leaves my body. My eyelids grow heavier, and I know my body wants to give in, but I can't. I can't leave him alone.