Chapter 13

Highest rank on the hot list over the last two weeks - #443 in Chick Lit

Remember to check out Something Real this Saturday!!

________________

© 2016 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

The Buddies Rule

Chapter 13

....................................................................

I was an introvert, in a sense. Of course when the time came to actually socialize with people, I would put on a good front. I had a way of making it seem as though I was fine, and in the end, I usually was.

There's just something that scares me about speaking with anyone outside of my immediate circle. If I was talking with Lewis, Alan, or Chase, I was okay. The problem only arose when I was attempting to make conversation with anyone else.

But factoring in my slightly introverted ways, you can imagine just how excited I was when Lewis invited me to their party.

I was one of those people that you could find holed up in their apartment every Friday night with a bag of popcorn. Which, perfectly explained why I almost never went to parties, and never drank. It was like a foreign world to me, if I had to put it into words.

But, I had made a promise to Lewis that I would at least make an appearance at this thing, and I was going to keep that promise.

"Hey cutie." One of the football players greeted as I entered the apartment building. I rolled my eyes and walked on past them. The football guys were way too beefed up around here.

The smell of alcohol hit my nose like a ton of bricks before I stalked up the stairs to the second floor. The party had spilled over into the hallways, leaving many students clumsily leaning against the walls outside of the apartment. This, was likely because Alan and Lewis didn't live in the most spacious of places.

Every 'guest' held a plastic cup in their hands with beer sloshing around inside of it. There was alcohol staining the wood floors, only making it harder for the intoxicated kids to walk.

Lewis and Alan had really gone all out with this one. There were at least three hundred people stuffed into the second floor of their apartment building; much to my dismay. I hated crowded areas.

"Bree!" Zac called from across the hallway. He and Zoey had stationed themselves just outside the door leading into Alan and Lewis' place.

I nodded to the brother and sister as I shoved my way past the many college students surrounding me. This place was a mess. There was no way they'd be able to clean it all up by the time their floor supervisor came around tomorrow morning.

"Hey," I sighed. I felt slightly at ease with Zac and Zoey standing next to me. Taking this party on alone scared me to death.

"I wasn't sure if you'd show." Zoey spoke up, raising her voice over the loud music.

"It's for Lewis," I brushed off. "He begged me to come."

"I figured," Zac laughed lightly. "I'm just happy you're here. I've missed you these last few days," Zac said with a small smile. I could feel a blush creep onto my face with his words.

"Then I guess we'll need to schedule that second date," I reminded him.

"I guess we will."