Chapter 23

Dedication goes out to CNS2004 as a late birthday present! I hope you had a good 13th my friend!

Highest rank on the hot list over the last week - #207 in Chick Lit

A sneak peek will be up on the site this Wednesday! If you guys could continue to vote and comment, that would be great!

________________

© 2017 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

The Buddies Rule

Chapter 23

....................................................................

One of the things that I hated the most, was uncertainty. I hated not knowing where to go, or what to do next; and right now, that was all I felt.

The play was starting in less than fifteen minutes, and even after the many practices we had endured over the last few weeks, I still wasn't sure if I could do it.

After Chase and I's weird fight the other night, we hadn't spoken, and Alan hadn't made one attempt to talk with me, either. It was as if I could do nothing right with either Chase or Alan, and it was starting to take it's toll on me.

Despite my inability to talk with Chase and Alan, Lewis had been a real rock for me. He'd spent the last three days helping me with not only the play, but with writing my short story. Alan and I may have been the writers of our group, but considering Lewis' captivating story of Henry and Elisa, I had figured he would be the one to go to for help.

Needless to say, it's much easier live an instant connection than to write one.

Any connections I had made in the past were slow coming. I had never felt instantaneously drawn to someone. I couldn't come up with any one moment when I had ever looked at someone from across the room and felt the need to walk right over to them. The mere idea sounded absurd to me.

I had always looked at life in a more practical sense, and although I did belief in true love, I also believed that any relationship needed a friendship first. Though, that very view was starting to shed a new light on two of my current friendships.

"Ten minutes people!" Lewis yelled from across the room.

Just behind the stage was a small area for the actors and actresses to get ready, meaning there were about twenty people crammed into an all but ten foot by ten foot room. I could barely get a look at myself in one of the four mirrors that were also shoved into this place.

Lewis had prepared costumes for Alan, Astrid and I, and to be honest, they matched our characters perfectly. I was practically dressed as a cater-waiter, black tie and vest to boot. My hair had also been pulled back into a loose ponytail with strands of my hair hanging out along the sides.

I had finally become Elisa.

"Bree!" Lewis yelled, waving me over. "I need to talk to you."

I nodded and adjusted my shirt before rushing out of the room. I'd be lying if I said that three different people didn't elbow me on my way out.

"What's up?" I sighed, letting my arms hang down at my side. I was exhausted by the day, and knowing that I was needed out on stage in around ten minutes, wasn't making things any better.

"I can't find Alan," Lewis huffed, letting his frown worsen. "He said he'd be on the right side of the stage before the play, but I can't find him."