Chapter 30

Dedication goes out to music501 and my mom, for somehow getting me to follow this crazy dream and finally complete my first book 😊

Highest rank on the hot list over the last few weeks - #290 in Chick Lit

I hope you all enjoy the final chapter ❤️

________________

© 2017 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

The Buddies Rule

Chapter 30

....................................................................

When I had left for college almost three years ago, I had seen a new life on the horizon. Though I wasn't very far from home, I knew that the distance between my family and I would be needed if I was ever going to learn new things and grow up a bit.

I saw this new life as an adventure, and having Chase by my side only made things more exciting. I knew our new environment, the school and our apartment, may help me adjust to the idea of actually being with him for real. I had always known that I wanted a life with Chase, but then, it was a reality.

One of the things I hadn't expected, was the heartbreak that followed when our old adventures came to an end.

Thinking back on things, I had been hesitant to take each chance I had taken so far; Chase had been the first, college had been the second, and Alan and Lewis had followed there after. Despite this, having these people in my life had been a few of the best decisions I'd made so far. Chase, Alan and Lewis had their flaws like anyone else, but they've helped to shape me into the person I am today.

I'd never be ready to lose any one of them. Even if our friendships seem to be nearing their end, I'll never want to simply lose them forever. That thought scared me more than anything else.

But being scared is just another part of growing up.

"You've been going through a lot lately," my dad summed up. He glanced back over to me, a worried look covering his face when he did. He could see the few tears still sliding down my cheeks. I was more upset now than I had ever been.

"Tell me about it," I laughed halfheartedly. "Lewis is leaving tonight, and all I've been thinking about is how Chase gave me an ultimatum."

My father's reaction when I had told him about all that had gone on this last semester had been simple. He hadn't said much, and him not voicing his opinions readily, was quite odd. He was taking his time with me today, and I really did appreciate it.

My dad merely smiled, "Lewis is a good kid, he can handle himself out in LA. He never wanted anyone to worry about him. So don't."

"I'm still going to." I repeated gruffly, crossing my arms over my chest. "I'm not read for him to go."

"You kind of need to be, kiddo," he laughed. "Lewis is leaving whether you're ready for it not. And Chase will leave too if you don't watch it."

Out of all the people in my life, my dad and Chase knew me best. They were there to bring me back when I got so caught up in the moment, and right now, I was had been so caught up in the many dramas of my life, that I could barely focus on the important matters at hand.