Chapter 24

Dedication goes out to princess_veggie !

Highest rank on the hot list over the last few weeks - #207 in Chick Lit

A sneak peek will be up on the site this Wednesday! If you guys could continue to vote and comment, that would be great!

________________

© 2017 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

The Buddies Rule

Chapter 24

....................................................................

Life is strange sometimes. You can go forever thinking one thing about yourself, or one thing about someone else, and sometimes, you can get by with just that. Nothing ever has to change.

Other times, life likes to throw in something special just for you.

I had known Alan for a year and a half, and for the duration of that time, I had known him to be quit the ladies man. He almost always had a woman by his side, and it was only just lately that he had pulled back from his play boy ways. I had just assumed it was because of his love for me.

So I'd be lying if I said the sight of Alan kissing a man didn't confuse me.

Alan was a man's man if nothing else, and knowing what I now knew, altered the image of my best friend to no end. I didn't know who he was anymore, or who he had been for the last year and a half; to be frank, his sexuality didn't bother me, but what did bother me, was that he had led me to believe that he was falling for me this whole time.

Despite all of my worries and concerns, I still hadn't confronted him about it this past weekend.

I hadn't been able to find him after the play, and Lewis had insisted that Chase and I come with him for some celebratory drinks after the final curtain. I half felt like I lost my chance after that. But now that the weekend was over, my time to act was drawing closer and closer.

"Bree!" Lewis yelled after me, sounding just as out of breath as he looked.

I stopped on the path, turning back to watch as Lewis scampered after me.

"You okay there?" I teased, patting his back as he stopped next to me.

"I'm so excited," he sighed, waving around a single piece of paper. "Behold! My future."

I rolled my eyes and took the piece of paper from him, scanning over the words carefully.

"Dear Lewis Doolan... Blah blah blah, we'd like to invite you to join our short film-makers class for the spring semester!" I cheered. "Lewis, you actually did it."

Lewis frowned, "what? You didn't think I could?"

"I did," I laughed. "But it's weird actually seeing it on paper."

After all the time and hard work we had put into the play, it was amazing to see that things were finally working out for Lewis. He'd been having quite the time with his screenwriting class this last semester. If anyone deserved this, it was definitely Lewis.