Chapter 15

Remember to check out Something Real!! It was just updated as well!

Guys! We over exceeded the goal!!! I'm so happy! And, as promised, I have news to share! Please read the A/N which has been posted along with this chapter!

Also, I'm 19??? Where did my life go 😱

Highest rank on the hot list over the last two weeks - #389 in Chick Lit

________________

© 2016 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

The Buddies Rule

Chapter 15

....................................................................

I had always been a fan of late mornings. Waking up with the sun high in the sky, knowing that you've still got the whole day ahead of you. Even the smell of the coffee that Chase would make when I first woke up gave me a sense of security; ignoring the fact that I hated the mere taste of the stuff.

One thing that I wasn't a fan of, was the feeling that this morning was different from the others.

Despite how things had gone down the night before, I had imagined that I would still find my way home. I may have had a bit to drink, but I was certain that Alan, or even Lewis, would have helped me home.

Waking up in a bed that wasn't my own hadn't been on my agenda for this morning. Yet here I was, wrapped up in sheets that belonged to someone else entirely.

My eyes opened slowly to see the sun pouring in from the window at the corner of the room. It was a sharp feeling as the light hit my eyes, enough to make me close them again. But the light wasn't what shocked me the most. I could feel someone else on the opposite side of the bed.

The sound of sheets rustling clouded my mind as the other person flipped over in the bed. From what I could tell, this person was still asleep.

There was something strangely familiar about this room, even if I couldn't recognize it right off the bat. I felt like I had been here before, though I knew I wouldn't be able to remember it in this state. I was positive I'd only had a few hours of sleep.

I pursed my lips into a thin line as I slowly began to turn towards the mystery person on the other side of the bed. Possibilities were running rampant in my head before I managed to get a good look at them. It was then that the worst possible thought entered my mind.

Why was I in Lewis' room? And why was he sleeping next to me without a shirt on?

My face scrunched up in disgust as I forced the thoughts out of my mind. There wasn't enough alcohol in the world to make me sleep with Lewis. He was one of my best friends, and in contrast to Chase and I, Lewis was strictly in the friend zone.

My eye's widened in fear as I felt Lewis reaching out to touch me. Within seconds, his index finger was poking into my right cheek.

This was probably the weirdest moment of my life.

"Please tell me you're awake," Lewis asked quietly. I nodded before slapping his hand away from my face.

"I am, and I'm not happy about it," I sighed. "Why am I in your room?"

Lewis laughed suddenly, a loud laugh that echoed throughout the apartment. "This is great."

I could only feel my confusion growing along with his laughter. He'd wake up the whole building if he kept going. "And what exactly is great about this moment? Because honestly, I feel icky and I'm wearing one of Alan's old football jerseys."