Chapter Eight~Old Fashioned And Modernised Dates.

Evening arrived and Daliah had just finished getting ready for her date with Steve. She knew he had something 'old fashioned' planned so she decided to have the same theme with her outfit. She wore a beautiful, 1930's knee length light blue dress with frills on the collar and sequins on the hem. She pinned her hair up and made sure it was wavy by using rollers just like women did in the 1930's. She also applied red lipstick and light make up on her face. It was around 7pm when Steve knocked on her door. He wore his old army uniform which was brown and had his medals on his pocket. He looked very smart and handsome. "You look stunning. I got you something." Steve smiled before opening a small aqua box and pulling out a gorgeous sapphire and silver encrusted necklace and putting it around her neck carefully. "It's perfect thank you." She grinned. Steve nodded and led her to a small plane which he would fly to their location.

When they landed Steve let Daliah out after getting out himself before entwining his fingers with and leading her to a small place when she could hear music playing. He opened the door for her to go inside before following her indoors. Daliah's face lit up when she noticed all the people on the dance floor dressed similar to her and Steve and dancing 'war-time dances' "I thought we'd go back in time and do what I used to do." Steve explained. Daliah took his awaiting hand once more before they walked onto the dance floor and joined in with the Charlston. They spent the night dancing and laughing with each other.

After the dance they decided to go for a walk underneath the moonlight, hand in hand, and talk about anything and everything. "Tonight was amazing, thank you." Daliah commented. Steve blushed and looked down to his feet. Daliah stopped them mid track and took both of his hands so he would look her in the eyes. "What's wrong?" Daliah wondered. Steve sighed. "I'm just scared of losing you in the battle tomorrow. You're everything to me and I don't want to see you get hurt." He replied. Daliah placed one of her hands on his right cheek and said "You're not going to lose me, I promise." Steve nodded before answering "And I promise to never stop protecting you ma'am." Daliah laughed before being interrupted with a pair on soft lips crashing upon hers. The kiss was unbelievable, it felt right, like their lips were meant to be connected since the beginning. When they broke apart they both beamed at each other before returning to the headquarters.

Meanwhile Savannah had also got ready for her own date with Peter. She wore a basic pale pink strapless, knee length dress with a white cardigan over it. She wore her hair straight like always. Around 6:30 Peter knocked on her door. He wore a checkered red shirt, jeans and a simple black hoodie over it. "You look so beautiful." Peter complimented her before taking her hand and wrapping a golden bracelet with small webs engraved onto it around her wrist. "Oh Peter, this is lovely, thank you." She beamed. Peter nodded. They got to their location by web, which Savannah always enjoyed. The location was science centre in Philadelphia. Savannah guessed they were going to do something science related. Peter held out his hand and led her inside.

The museum was huge inside and empty, as it was late at night, and there many things to look at. Savannah interlocked her fingers with Peter's and they began to make their way round slowly. Every so often Peter shared awkward glances with Savannah. "Are you okay?" Savannah wondered. Peter nodded and said "Yes... Just nervous...I've never been on a date before...so..." Savannah smiled at him reassuringly. "Well I'm enjoying it so far." She told him. Peter took a deep breath and started to talk to her about Quantum Physics.

Peter rambled on about physics for what it seemed like hours, but Savannah thought it was cute, he seemed comfortable when it came to talking about science. However halfway through she started to get bored. She stopped them from walking and looked him in the eyes as he carried on talking. She quickly placed her lips on his to shut him up, it certainly worked. The kiss caused butterflies to erupt in their stomachs, the moment felt perfect, like it was always meant to happen. When they broke apart Peter bit his lip in a embarrassed way. "Umm.... I ... Er... Was I boring you?" Peter inquired shyly. "A bit, but it's fine, it was cute." Savannah admitted. Peter shuffled his feet. "I'm sorry... It's just that when I start talking about science I don't stop. And I'm so nervous about boring you and now I made you bored that makes me worried, I just want to you to be happy and you know because you might be hurt tomorrow and I want to cherish every moment I have with you so I'm so-" Savannah interrupted Peter once more with another kiss. "Sorry... I was going on again. Um, do you want to get some pizza?" Peter blushed. Savannah nodded before they both laughed and got a pizza from a small diner near the museum. Afterwards they returned back to the headquarters feeling very happy indeed.