Wherever the Weather

Levi's POV:

Here I was. 

Sitting alone in the small tattoo parlor, it was located on the left side of Mary street, just beside a nice bakery that makes fresh bread every morning at 5. The smell of the freshly baked bread always wafted into the dreary store and was always a welcome smell stepping into work.

Right now it was 3 in the the afternoon. I had no customers at that moment so I was sitting beside the window in front of a simple piano. 

Yes, the place had a piano. 

I looked out onto the street, fresh tears spattered down onto the cold pavement on that stormy November afternoon. Puddles collected and people ran through the rain with black umbrellas held high. 

I had worked at the tattoo shop for about three years now, my good friend Erwin hired me when I moved here from Florida, USA. I hated it there, it was always so hot and my skin burned very easily. 

Now I was in Germany, I loved it here. It rained a lot and the weather stayed much cooler here. I personally loved the rain.

The way the day time became dimmer, the clouds poured out their sorrow onto the earth and the sound became one of peace and tranquility.

Not a threat of searing pain, shortness of breath and a day so bright you can barely look outside without squinting. 

I was living in a small apartment two blocks away. It was a small, simple place. It had all the necessities, three bedrooms, a bathroom, living room and kitchen. It was a nice place, decked out in white, the outside was a nice pastel blue with a small balcony. It was clean.

Oh so very clean.

I snapped out of my train of thought when the door to the parlor swung open, a bell signalling the entrance of a person. 

I turned, expecting to see a customer.

Instead, I saw a tall, blonde, bushy eyebrow-ed man walk in casually. He looked around and spotted me. He said waved a small hello and I scowled at him.

"Hey Levi. It doesn't look like you will get any new customers today, why not go home?" The man said smiling.

I looked up into Erwin's blue eyes and nodded, "Hey Erwin. Okay, thanks" I said shortly. I grabbed my grey side-strap bag and swung it over my shoulder. "Are you going to close?" I said while walking to the door. Erwin nodded and we said a quick goodbye. 

Erwin had moved to Germany ten years ago and we had kept in touch. High school really does keep your friends close I suppose. 

I stepped out into the muggy but fresh air of the rainy day. I pulled the collar of my black jacket up and walked down the street, towards home.

What I loved best about where I lived was that there was a nice small cafe a few minuets away from the parlor. I got there and walked into the quaint cafe and grabbed a tea. 

I sat down beside a window and the waitress brought my tea along with an unwelcome wink. I brushed her off and pulled out my book.

"The Best Works of Shakespeare"

Yes, I know, a Shakespeare book. I really did enjoy reading a few of his plays while having a cup of tea.

Today was a perfect day for that, the rain, tea and a good book.

How could I get it any better? 

I flipped to one of my favorite plays and started to read, holding the book closer and sipping on my tea. 

Hey! How do you like it? I hope you do enjoy this.

Don't worry, Ereri will come.

Have a good day all of you fabulous beings :)