Like I'm Dead

Eren's POV:

I shook Levi. I shook his shoulders, his head lolled to the side and I saw his eyes had closed. He looked pale, my own vision starting to blur heavily.

I called out for him. Words I could barely hear myself.

Was I even talking?

I wanted to tell him, 'Levi don't leave me' but my voice barely came out in a whisper. 

I tried to scream, I begged him to open his eyes and to look at me again. Not to fall asleep.

My own body ached, cuts and scrapes littered my skin and my head felt like cold fire was pressed against it. 

My own eyes were drooping, my body becoming tired and shutting down. I felt a warm liquid running down the side of my head and into my eye as I used the last of my bodily strength to shift over to Levi, take his face and kiss him.

I kissed him softly, breaking away and putting my head on his. I took his cold hand, leaning over and resting my head on his chest.

I closed my eyes.

I listened, desperately. Moving my ear to hear the sound that would give me hope.

Once.

I heard it, faintly.

Twice. Slowly, it was definitely there. 

...Right?

I tried to move again, but found that my body wouldn't respond to me.

I also realized numbly that my mind was becoming heavy, that I stopped seeing.

I couldn't smell the safe, musky cologne of Levi, or the wet pavement around us.

I barely registered when my body was being picked up, or a mask being put over my face.

It was like I had died.