Insomnia and Art

Levi's POV:

3:23 AM

It was 3:23 AM currently, and I was laying in bed looking up at the ceiling. 

I had fallen asleep for about two hours, then woke up again. I groaned, having insomnia was the worst. 

Even laying in this massive bed, with the warm blankets and comfy clothes I was wide awake. I was surprised I even got a few hours of sleep. 

I sat up in the dark room, rubbing my eyes and stretching. My stomach growled heavily and I tried to remember if I had dinner.

No...I don't think I did.

Why didn't I notice that before?

My stomach growled again and I sighed in annoyance.

What the hell am I going to do now? 

I got up and looked for my book bag, I then remembered it was still by the front door. I tiptoed quietly to my door and opened it slightly, a small creak sounded from the hinges and I winced at the sound. I pulled it open just enough so I could slip through.

My feet hit cold wooden floor and I gasped at the sudden temperature change. It was a LOT warmer in my room than it was out here. 

I made my way down the hallway and retrieved my bag, getting back to my room quickly I shut the door and let out a sigh.

I didn't wake up Eren.

I switched on the light to my room and squinted at it. I set my bag on the floor and sat beside it, pulling out a black sketching book with pencils and erasers. 

I flipped to a clean page and shuffled over to my bed, leaning against it. I put pencil to paper and started to draw. 

I thought about my day and to my surprise I started to draw a couch, with two people on it. Those people were holding cups of steaming liquid and visibly laughing. They were looking at each other kindly, emotion more clear on one face than another.

My pencil stopped when I realized who the two people in the picture were.

Eren 

and me.

I stared at the picture, making changes here and there and trying to perfect Eren.

Is it weird that I am drawing Eren Jeager at 3:30 AM?

Probably.

I flipped to a new page, taking my time. I drew the art room, I didn't get it perfect as I had just seen it once, but I drew Eren standing in the middle of the room with a paintbrush in hand and a large smile on his face.

I was so immersed in drawing I didn't hear a door being opened, or someone walking into my room quietly. 

I just finished drawing details on the wall in my picture when someone cleared their throat. My head snapped up and I jumped back in shock, smacking my head on the side of the bed frame.

"Levi? Why are you awake at this time...its like 4 AM..." Eren said, yawning and stretching. I looked up at him in shock, pulling my legs towards me.

"I'm sorry did I wake you...I can't sleep so I draw when I am bored" I explained and got up, holding my head.

"No you didn't, I just woke up because I needed to go the washroom. I saw the light on in your room and wanted to see what was happening...are you ok?" Eren said and yawned. 

I looked away, for some reason my cheeks flushed red slightly. "Yea I'm fine...I'm sorry for disturbing you" I shuffled on the spot and picked up my drawing book, holding it close to my chest.