ten

I felt like smacking myself whenever I hear girls gossip about Ethan's hot body. Apparently, after I had stolen his clothes yesterday, he borrowed a pair of shorts and walked around topless.

Instead of bringing him down, I helped his popularity skyrocket. All day, all I could hear was how defined his abs looked and how every girl wanted to see them for themselves.

Dang it.

"Xael!" Ava's shrill voice sounded by my ear and I winced due to its loudness. "What's up with you this morning?" I asked curiously and she opened her mouth to speak, just to be interrupted by Zoey who stood beside her. "Did you know that apparently Ethan has a very very very hot body?" She gushed and Ava joined in, "I heard that he walked around topless cause someone stole his clothes. I wish I could have seen him then."

I rolled my eyes. Not my friends too. I did not tell my friends about my revenge plan against Ethan as I couldn't find a right time to do so without any listening ears around and now, was definitely not the time. Everyone was curious as to who stole Ethan's clothes and I heard that the principal is asking for eye witnesses and is hoping that the culprit will own up.

"I wonder who stole his clothes though," Ava muttered, putting on her thinking face as Zoey asked, "has Ethan made enemies so quickly?" "Hey, why are you so quiet?" Ava asked me, a frown on her face as she eyed me. "I have something to tell you guys," I blurted out and pulled them to a corner where there were no students.

"I was the culprit," I whispered, just loud enough for both of them to hear me and they looked at me as if I grew a head. "Oh my god!" Zoey exclaimed and I clamped a hand over her mouth. "Shush, I don't need anybody else finding out," I told her in a hushed voice.

"Why did you do that?" Ava asked me and I shrugged, "he started it by hitting me on the head with the ball." My friends did not seem to approve of my revenge plan but what can i do? What's done is done.

*

I was sitting at the back of the room in my History class when Ethan sat down beside me. Did I tell you? Ethan had all the same classes as me, except Art. As usual, I ignored him and took out my notepad and pencil and began doodling.

A minute later, Miss Parker walked into class, her face looking stern as always. She was a strict teacher who did not tolerate any sort of disturbance in class, especially public display of affection. Rumors has it that she hates PDA so much as she was unable to find a partner due to her temper and hated when people display their affection for their partners in front of her.

As Miss Parker started her lesson, Ethan moved closer to me and said in a voice, only loud enough for me to hear, "I heard about what you've done."

Shyt, did he find out?

My heart skipped a beat and I looked at him with wide eyes. "Wh...what are you talking about?" I asked him, trying to steady my own voice. "You know what I'm talking about," he gave me a knowing look and I gave him a defiant look.

"If you're so sure of what you thought I did, why didn't you report me to the principal?" I inquired and he smirked. "That wouldn't be fun."

"What?" I frowned at him, puzzled at what he was talking about until I felt his hands on my chin, pulling my face closer to his.

"What are you doing?" I hissed, glaring at him as I tried to loosen his hold on my chin, but failed.

Without warning, he covered my lips with his, leaving me wide-eyed. I stilled and was at a loss until I heard wolf whistles and a loud voice boom. "What are you two doing? Kissing in my class?" Miss Parker asked, anger evident in her voice. I pushed Ethan away with as much force I could muster and turned around to see Miss Parker glaring at us.

"Miss Parker, its not what it seems like," I defended myself just as I heard Ethan say, "she forced herself on me, I was the victim." "What?" I exclaimed, glaring at Ethan. "No! He forced himself on me!" I tried to explain myself but Miss Parker was not having any of it.

"This is the disadvantage of being attractive, Ethan, girls forcing themselves on you. It must be hard," she told him sympathetically, her face softening.

What the hell is wrong with that witch? Was she smitten by Ethan too?!

"Xael," Miss Walker addressed me, her expression and voice underwent a 360 degrees change. "Go to the principal's office. Now."

Sending Ethan a deathly glare, I stomped out of the classroom and made my way to the principal's office.

*

I was lucky that Mrs Jones, the principal, let me off with just a detention after school that day. However, I did not expect that the next day at school, everyone, and I literally meant everyone, was gossiping about me.

"Did you hear that she forced herself on Ethan?" I heard a voice say. "What a slut," another voice replied.

Ethan, you freaking douchebag. I'm gonna get back at you, just you wait.