bonus chapter

Hey lovelies, I was reading all the comments you left and they have put a smile on my face. To outsiders, I might look like someone with a silly grin, but deep down I am really thankful for all the support you guys have given me. This also inspired me to write a bonus chapter for you guys. I haven't been writing for awhile and my skills might be a little rusty. Do pardon me for that and I hope you all will like it<3

A single teardrop fell from my eye and slid down my cheek.

"Honey..." my husband looked at me with a warm smile as he pulled me closer.

We were currently looking at the most beautiful thing ever. Our first ever child.

I still remember the day when the doctor announced that I was six weeks pregnant, it was etched in my mind like yesterday. Ethan and I were thrilled. "I'm going to be a father," Ethan kept repeating to himself, his volume increasing with each repetition and I could not believe that I was carrying another life inside me. Ethan had been so sweet during my pregnancy, paying extra attention to my safety and needs. Not to mention, my severe mood swings. Oops.

Fast forward a few months later, our baby boy is born.

"Little Xander, say hi to mummy, " Ethan whispered to our baby as he looked at him adoringly. I smiled at the sight. "When you grow up, you have to protect your mommy got it?" Ethan hooked his pinky to Xander's tiny one.

This reminded of the conversation we once had. "Do you hope for a baby girl or boy?" Ethan had asked me. "A girl would be good, imagine how sweet she would be," I said thoughtfully while lying on Ethan's lap, looking up at him. Ethan shook his head, "I would prefer a boy." "Why? So you have someone to play sports with?" I asked curiously. "No, so that he can protect his mommy and baby sis," he looked at me lovingly. His words brought tears to my eyes.

*

It has been a week since I gave birth and I had been discharged a few days ago.

I was currently lying on the bed looking at Ethan putting baby Xander to sleep in his little cot.

"He's asleep?" I asked when I saw Ethan walking back to me. "Yep, sound asleep," he replied with a smile as he sat down beside me, the bed taking a dip from his weight.

"Our son's gonna break hearts when he's older," Ethan said as he laid his head on my shoulder. I narrowed my eyes playfully at him as I told him, "you better not teach him to be a jerk."

Ethan frowned and gave me his puppy dog eyes, "since when was I a jerk?" I tried to contain my smile and raised my brows. "Since when were you not?"

Ethan pouted like a little kid, "fine, but I've changed," he defended himself. "Really?" I joked, cocking my head to the side. "Yes, because I met you," he gave me a sincere smile as he leaned up and pecked my lips.

I grinned as we leaned our foreheads against one another's and Ethan brushed his nose against mine. "You know I'm ticklish," I whispered and he continued teasing me until I placed a hand on his mouth. "Shh, you wouldn't want to wake him."

Ethan widened his eyes and pressed his lips together. "Good boy," I teased him and he wanted to retort but I gave him a look to remind him to keep quiet and he sighed. "Come on, let's go to the living room," I smiled as I laced my fingers through his.

Once we sat down on the sofa, Ethan turned to me hopefully. "Let's do it shall we?" He asked. "Do what?" I frowned. I didn't know what he was getting at.

"The staring game, the one that made you fall for me," he replied, smirking. "Staring game?" I asked, confused. "I didn't fall for you because of some staring game."

"Then what made you fall for me?" Ethan looked at me with a charming grin. I turned my head away. Being asked that question so suddenly does make me a little embarrassed.

"Come on, tell me," Ethan looked at me with his hands together as if making a wish and fluttered his eyelashes repeatedly.

"Pfft," I laughed and shook my head. Sometimes he acts like a child, but that's just one thing I love about him. His childishness just seems to lighten the mood and keep things interesting between us. 

"Will you tell me?" Ethan looked at me innocently, cocking his head to one side.

"Fine," I gave in. "I love you be..." I continued, but my words stopped there because another pair of lips found mine. I could feel Ethan smiling between our kisses.

"That's all I wanted to hear," Ethan smiled cheekily and winked at me after we pulled apart. I felt my cheeks grow red and turned my head away. Ethan's actions took me off guard, like always.

"I love you too Xael," Ethan whispered in my ear and wrapped his arms around my waist. I turned to face him with a smile, before placing both my hands on his cheek and initiating another kiss.

Although we had been married for years, I had never been immune to the effect of his kisses. Just like when we were 18, his kisses made my toes curl and heart pound dangerously.

Ethan's touch seemed made me shiver a little as he pulled me closer by the hand on my neck. Ethan continued pulling me closer until there was no space left between us and I could feel the beating of his heart against my chest.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who hadn't gained immunity over the years.

My lips parted slightly and Ethan took the opportunity to explore my mouth. Our tongues danced against each other for a moment before Ethan removed his lips from mine and gave me delicate kisses on my skin, every kiss igniting a fire within me. After giving me a hickey on the tender area at the base of my neck, Ethan's lips moved back onto mine and we kissed for a moment before breaking apart for air.

"That was great," Ethan said in a husky voice as he leaned his forehead against mine and smiled. I blushed. "Do you want one more round then?" I asked shyly and he smirked, his eyes gleaming with lust.

Just as we were about to connect our lips again, the sound of crying stopped us.

Giving one another a look, we rushed into the bedroom.

That kiss would have to wait for another time.