12 ↛ Oceans and Insecurities

[cyldo one shot #12]

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"I'm cool with that." Cyd said with a smirk before Shelby caught on to what just happened.

"What was that?" Shelby asked confused.

"Reverse Psychology." Cyd replied while she sat on her bed.

"Ugh! But you're still going to the beach with Daisy, Barry, Naldo and I." Shelby said getting her beach bag ready.

"Fine. But I won't wear one of those ridiculous outfits you people call swim suits." Cyd complained.

"Yes you are. And no you're not getting out of this one." Shelby said as she threw Cyd a purple 2 piece.

"No!" Cyd yelled.

"Yes!" Shelby screamed excitedly causing her 2 twin brothers to run up the stairs.

"What are you guys screaming about?" Chett asked.
"Are there ghosts here?" Brett asked.

Chett looked at Brett. "That's crazy Brett. If there were ghosts we would've heard someone yell 'boo!'" Chett said in a 'duh' tone.

Brett nods in agreement before they both turn their attention to the 2 teenagers in front of them.

"No, guys. Cyd's just yelling cuz she doesn't want to wear the bathing suit." Shelby explains to her younger brothers.

"Oh. Well that's not our business." Chett says before He and his brother walk back downstairs to bake their cake.

"Cyd, just do this for me, please!" Shelby begs.

"Fine! I'll wear this thing. But not on the way there." Cyd said, finally agreeing.

"Okay!" Shelby says before grabbing her flip flops.

"I'll be in the garage lab. Don't take too long." Shelby says making her way down the steps.

Cyd rolls her eyes before changing into the swimsuit and putting black short shorts on and a red flannel over her swimsuit.

She packed the essentials and ran downstairs and out to the garage lab where everyone was waiting.

"Okay! We're all here so let's go!" Shelby said as they all walked out to Barry's car.

They all got in and buckled up before heading down the road to the Beach.

------------------

At the beach

"I feel like I've been in that car since forever." Cyd complains as she gets out the car.

"Eh, I wouldn't call it forever. Its only been like half an hour." Naldo says.

"Or in my words. Forever." Cyd said once again.

Naldo shrugged before following Daisy and Barry out to the sand.

"Cyd?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" Shelby asked.

"Yeah, I'm just fine. Now,let's go have fun." Cyd said with a smile as she and Shelby linked arms and walked onto the pearly white sand.

"Daisy and I are gonna go swimming. Do you wanna come?" Shelby asked Cyd. Cyd shook her head.

"No. I'm gonna sit here. I'll catch up later." Cyd said.

Everyone left except Naldo who sat next to Cyd after the others left.

"Hey." Naldo said.

"Hey." Cyd replied.

"Why don't you want to go swimming?" Naldo asked, confused.
"Didn't feel like it." Cyd replied with a shrug.

"I don't believe you. In elementary school, the beach was your thing. Seriously, you can tell me." Naldo said.

"There's nothing wrong, Naldo. I'm completely fine. No need to worry about me." Cyd said frustrated.

"Cyd, do you trust me? " Naldo asked.

Cyd said nothing.

"Cyd, do you trust me?" he asked again.

Cyd looked him in the eyes. "Yes, Naldo. I trust you."

"Then tell me what's wrong."

"I'm insecure..about myself." Cyd says below a whisper.

"What?"

"I'm insecure about my body. About myself." she admits.

"Why?" Naldo asked.

"Cuz, I don't want people to judge me. I don't want them to think I'm too fat or I'm too skinny or that I'm too short." Cyd says as tears start welling up in her eyes.

"No one thinks that." Naldo assures.

"Everyone does at school. Even Barry." Cyd said as a tear slipped down her cheek.

"Cyd, don't worry about them. You're not too skinny and you're definitely not too fat. You're perfect in your own way and who cares if they that. You need to be happy with yourself." Naldo reassures.

"I'm not perfect in anyway." Cyd says.

"You're perfect in my eyes. And it's time you see yourself that way as well." Naldo says as he puts his hand on Cyd's shoulder.

"You think so?"

"I know so. Now come on, let's go swimming." Naldo says as he gets up and then helps Cyd up.

"Yeah, I guess." Cyd says with a shrug.

"I just need a minute to go take this off." She added as she pointed at her shirt and shorts.

"Nah, lets not waste time."

"What do you -- Naldo! I swear to God if you don't put me down, I'll hurt." Cyd yelled as Naldo picked her up by the waist.

"Your wish is my command." he said as he let go of Cyd.

Cyd screamed before she fell into a cold fluid.

She popped her head out of the water, sputtering water up.

"Oh, it's on." She yelled before running after him.