22 ↛ 11:11

Making wishes at 11:11pm wasn't a thing everyone believed in.

Various people called it stupidity and a worthless opportunity for hope.

No matter who or what you wished for, it wouldn't happen.

It's just a superstition, really.

Who stays up till 11:11 every night, wishing for whatever they hope?

Cyd Ripley.

Her life was never the best as she grew up, and every night, since the age of 8, she would wish for a better future.

A better family life.

A best friend.

She'd always been the outcast in the family and she would always be judged.

Even when she didn't have the mind capacity to understand what the heck went on around her.

People would complain on how she was the only dark haired child in the family.

The only one with the chocolate brown eyes.

The only one who was short.

Even, because she was the only one with straight A's on her report card.

She didn't even understand how that was a bad thing, but oh well.

Some family members, for example her grandparents, thought the nurses at the hospital mixed the babies up.

Impossible, Cyd would think, nurses get trained for that, right?

Cyd was now 18 and still believed in the whole making a wish at 11:11.

She was currently in the back of a truck, watching a movie at the Twilight drive in.

It was an old 90s romance movie, and she was gonna be honest that it was amazing.

She checked her phone, 5 minutes till 11:11.
She also needed a popcorn refill.

She hopped off the truck, and quickly ran over to the concession stand, after making sure her car was locked, and asked the guy there for a refill.

"You look great." a voice said behind her, startling her.

"and you are?" She asked, regaining her posture.

"Dang, not even a thank you." The guy replied, a smirk evident on his facial features.

"I'm wearing skinny jeans, converse, and black tank top, and a plaid shirt. My hair's in a pony tail. I don't look great." She replied.

"I beg to differ." He replied, rolling his jacket sleeves up.

"Who are you?" She asked again, even more curious than before.

"Naldo."

"Short for Renaldo?" She asked.

"Nope, just Naldo." He replied, popping the 'p'.

"What time is it?" She quickly asked, forgetting what she was even there for.

"11:11." He replied, confusion etched onto his features.

"Ugh, I'm not even gonna try anymore. It never works anyway." She muttered, with a sigh.

"You believe in the 11:11 wish thing?" Naldo asked.

"Not anymore." She replied.

"My 11:11 wish has always been to meet my best friend." Naldo said, a smile etching onto his features.

"and your point is?"

"I might have been specific with details." Naldo replied.

"Oh, so, I'm your wish." Cyd said, finally catching on.

"and I'm yours."

I don't even know what I just wrote, so.....um...yeah.