13 ↛ The Good Place

One shot based off the show ' The Good Place'
The characters are different from the ones off the actual show.

-------------------------------

[cyldo one shot #13]

Cyd opened her eyes and she found herself standing in a small town surrounded by people sitting and eating frozen yogurt.

"Where the heck am I?"

"You're in the good place." a voice said behind her. She turned around and came face to face with a man who looked in his mid 30s to 40s.

"Who are you?" Cyd asked.

"I'm Marcus. I've chosen you to come to the good place for all the good deeds you've done in your life." Marcus said.

"Wait, what are you saying?"

"You're dead. We're all dead here." he says happily.

"Dead? So this is like Heaven?" Cyd asked.

Marcus nods.

"Yes. Now, I'll show you around." he says before leading her off through the small town.

--------

"And last but not least, this is your home." Marcus said, showing Cyd her home.

It was a small, colorful home. She cringed.

"It looks great." she says, in a fake happy voice.

He nods in agreement and he leads her inside.

"This here is your living room, there's pictures of clowns over there, your bed is over there, the kitchen is over there, and well you'll discover everything else later." he says.

Cyd looks around and secretly cringes.

"Why clowns?"

"Oh, what do you mean? All the houses are based off on what people have always wished for and have liked down on earth." Marcus explains.

"Oh yeah! I just love clowns!" she says going over to one and pretending to love it.

"I'm glad you like it." Marcus says before someone walks in through the door.

"Hey Marcus." a guy greets, making Cyd walk back toward her living room.

"Who is that?" Cyd asked Marcus.

"That's Naldo, he's your soul mate." Marcus says.

Cyd chokes on air. "Soul mate?"

"Yes, you see everyone in The Good Place, everyone has a soul mate. He happens to be yours." Marcus says.

"Oh ok."

"Yes, so I've showed you around and that's all for today. So I'll be seeing you guys around. Bye now. I hope you enjoy." Marcus says before walking out of Cyd's house.

"Hi. I'm Naldo." Naldo says.

Cyd waves.

"So, what kind of good deeds did you do to end up here?" Naldo asked.

"Good deeds? Me? I have no idea." Cyd says.

"Come on. I'll show you." he says turning on a video on the television.

"Wait, I just have to say that's it's cool that we all speak the same language." Cyd says. Naldo chuckles.

"Actually, I'm speaking French. The Good place does something so the other people can understand. To me you're speaking French." he says.

"Oh." she says before Naldo presses play.

They sat down on that couch while the video played a young girl helping people.

Cyd looked closely and noticed something.

"That's not me." Cyd announces.

"This is a mistake. I'm not supposed to be here. I've never done anything good in my life. They've messed up. If I'm dead, I should be you know, The not so good place." Cyd explains.

Naldo stares at her in shock.

"What?"

"They've made a mistake."

"How can I help?" Naldo asked.

"Don't rat me out." she says.

He nods.

"Wait, isn't that lying?" Naldo asks.
Cyd shrugs.

"Yes, it is. But I'm your soul mate so, you should help me out."

"I can't. What if you get caught?" Naldo says.

"Just shut the fork up." Cyd says.

"Wait, why can't I say fork?" Cyd asks.
"Its The Good Place. You can't swear here." Naldo explains.

"That's bullshirt."

------------------

Cyd and Naldo walked outside to see a blonde lady running towards them.

"Hello, I'm Shleby. And I'm your new neighbor. This is my soul mate, Barry." she says introducing herself.

"Hey." Naldo greets. "What's up?" Cyd says.

Barry walks behind Shelby silently. "Hello Barry." Naldo greets. Barry stares at him.

Naldo then looks at Cyd, who looks at Shelby.

"Oh silly me, I forgot to mention. Barry is from a very strict religion, and they're not allowed to speak. Isn't that right, sweetie?" she says, making Barry nod in agreement.

"That's his way of saying yes. Anyways, I came to invite you to my party later. I want to get to know all of my new neighbors." She says handing them an invitation.

"Thank you." Naldo says.

"It was nice to meet you but I have to go meet some other neighbors." Cyd lies.

"So, you'll be attending tonight?" Shelby asks.

"Yes. Of course." Naldo says before him and Cyd run off to town.

//A/N//

Also, thank you for all the reads, votes, and comments.

Thank you to all who commented for my new book idea.

So, most if you voted Randry so the book has been made Randry.

To add to the good news...

Prologue to fear has been published, so you can go check that out.

And don't worry people who voted for Cyldo, there will be a Cyldo story published at some point .

So yea...go check that out.