~13~ Part 2

Taraji
"Baby I'm home!" I yelled putting my purse down, closing the door behind me. Terrence is suppose to start filming at the end of this week. He wanted me to try it, but I don't know. James and I were at Starbucks this morning. We were talking about getting me in for a fashion show. I declined cause I honestly don't know if I'm ready to go back to work yet.

After walking around the house, I found no sight of Terrence. Wonder where he is.... I went downstairs into the basement. There was a huge grand piano in the middle of the room.

I ran my freshly manicured nails over the dark wooden instrument then took a seat on the bench and cracked my knuckles

I ran my freshly manicured nails over the dark wooden instrument then took a seat on the bench and cracked my knuckles. No one ever taught me how to play the piano but I've always wanted to learn.

All of a sudden, I started to play it. Key after key I just poured my heart out. All the pain, suffering, and error in my life came out in beautiful waves of music. It actually sounded pretty good.

~ ~ ~ ~
Terrence
I had just got home from the mall when I heard the angelic sound of the piano. The first thing I thought was 'who's in my house'. But then I thought of Taraji.

After I quietly snuck down the stairs, I watched as her fingers moved swiftly along the glossy piano keys. My heart felt like it shattered. Pain was written all over her face. A couple tears rolled down her face as she finished the piece. She put her head in her hands.

"That was beautiful baby," I said to get her attention. "I didn't know you could play."

She sighed deeply. "I didn't know either until now."

I went over and sat beside her. I placed a gentle kiss on her forehead then said something I thought I'd never say. "I love you too Tj."

"Huh?"

"When you said you loved me last night. I've been waiting to get to know you a bit better to give you this and I think this would be a good time," I pulled the expensive diamond ring out of my pocket.

 I've been waiting to get to know you a bit better to give you this and I think this would be a good time," I pulled the expensive diamond ring out of my pocket

I had this made a while back. Taraji isn't like Mira or the other women I've went out with. She doesn't take bullshit from anyone and she doesn't smother me like telling me where and where not to go. She lights up a room every time you're around. She's just great company all together.

"What's this Terrence?"

"It's a promise ring. I promise to never hurt you, to be by your side through everything, and to love you unconditionally."

To be continued....