Bertholdt x Reader - The Dream

"You look beautiful today." Bertl mouthed to you and smiled down on you in your white gown.

"You look beautiful too." You winked back at him. He chuckled slightly but held it back. You both held each others hands firmly and gazed deep into each other's eyes.

"Do you, Bertholdt Fubar, take __________, to be your wedded wife?" The priest asked Bertl.

He replied, "I do." with a great smile plastered on his face.

"And do you, __________, take Bertholdt Fubar, to be your wedded husband?" The priest turned to you.

You squeezed Bertl's hands tightly and slowly tiptoed up to him, you couldn't help it. You wanted to just lean into him and embrace him. "I do."

"And now, the moment we've been waiting for.. You may now kiss your bride!"

Bertl spread his arms open as you jumped into his chest. You wrapped your arms around his neck and gently placed your lips against his. As your pulled out you whispered, "Let's not forget all our witnesses here, Bertl, we can't get too carried away!"

"Of course not my dear." He rested his forehead against yours. "Or should I say, my wife?"

You giggled as you went in for another kiss but suddenly your body jerked. Everything that was happening soon slipped away from your sight and turned pitch black.

You rubbed your head and opened your eyes to the moonlight peering from the window. "Was that a dream?" you thought. You turned and saw Bertl soundly sleeping next to you and smiled. You quickly pulled out your hand from under cover and looked at your left hand. "No ring.. It was a dream." you sighed.

You laid in bed and closed your eyes once more and saw Bertl in his slim, black tuxedo and smiled. He did look good. You felt him shift in his sleep and eventually he was awake. You turned to face him and put your hands on his cheeks.

"It's the middle of the night, Bertl, go back to sleep.." you leaned in front of his face.

"I just had the best dream ever.." he mumbled with eyes still closed.

"Yeah? What was it about..?"

"It was perfect. You looked gorgeous and everything else was just.." he paused. "It was amazing.. _______, I had a dream that we got married." he opened his eyes and looked at you.

Your lips formed a bright smile. "Bertl, I had that same dream too!"

"Did you really!?" he exclaimed.

You nodded your head. "It was beautiful, we were both dressed so wonderfully, and we just finished saying 'I do' and then the kiss.. oh the kiss, our first kiss, Bertl! Our first kiss as husband and wife.. our first kiss.." You couldn't help but just stare at him as he gazed back at you.

"_______," he whispered.

"Yeah?"

"When the time comes, we'll be in that moment together. I want to live this dream next time in reality. We'll really get married one day, _______."

"We will, Bertl.. until that day.." you closed your eyes and hugged him. "I love you, Bertl."

"I love you more, _______." he whispered back.

-- The year 2013 had many weddings for me, so I thought what the heck, why not write a wedding fic? I went to a wedding today too actually and it was nice. But it makes me feel kinda lonely but whatever. hope you like it!