Annie x dying!Reader

Your life span is fast. One second you could be running against the blowing wind and the other you're gone.

That's what you read on the Internet that day. You were in class, drifting off in a daze that occurred especially in your afternoon class.

You yawned and gazed upon the reflection in the window nearby and happened to see Annie. A little mesmerized by her you didn't realize you were staring so much at her as she turned and her reflection saw you. Your eyes widened as you tried to play it cool and turn away.

Feeling the heat overcome your body you shut your eyes tight, you scrunched up your arms to your sides as if to hide yourself from everyone else. You weren't aware that your teacher had walked up to your desk until she slammed her hand upon your desk.

"As I was saying," Ms. Zoe looked down at you. "If you don't work hard enough on this last project of the year, you might as well fail this class." As she finished her last syllable, the bell rung throughout the school building and a scurry of students could be heard.

"_______, you were daydreaming again.." Ms. Zoe stated as she walked behind her desk.

"I-I know.. Sorry.." You picked up your things from your desk and began packing up.

"Next time I don't want to catch you. The year is almost over, I'm sure you can make it, don't mess up."

"Yes, Ms. Zoe." She nodded as she picked up her things and exited the classroom. You let out the breath you held onto and you relaxed your tense body.

"Hey." You quickly turned around. You didn't remember anyone else in the room. "Did you want to go to the library? We could start our research right away." Annie was standing not to far from you.

"Wha- Today?" Your head tilted from its normal axis.

"If that doesn't work then we could ju-"

"No no, it's fine!" You waved your hands in the air. "I don't mind."

"Alright, then I'll wait for you at the entrance.." She turned and walked towards the exit.

"Just one thing after another.." you muttered as you felt the rush of nervousness fill you. You didn't remember hearing that Annie was your partner, at least you assumed she was. You shook it off and decided to catch up with Annie so she didn't have to wait too long.

"So, what was our project about anyway..?" You asked rather sheepishly since you we're clearly embarrassed because the teacher slammed her hand on your desk.

Annie gave the basis of your project and explained the requirements and whatever else was important to the project. Just as she was talking, the two of you entered your local library and soon searched for a place to sit.

"How about here?" She grabbed the back of a chair.

"Sure.." You stopped to go around and pulled the chair across from her.

"Alright, I'm going to leave my stuff here and look for some books then." She set her bag on the table.

"I'll stay here and read over the instructions since I missed it in class.." you sulked and sat down in your chair.

"That's a good idea.." Annie commented before wandering the tall bookshelves. You could've sworn you heard a light giggle come from her.

After rummaging through the textbooks and researching over the Internet the two of you felt like it was time to head home. Your studying and planning for the project went smoothly. You felt like your whole project was completed in those few hours you were at the library. The two of you made your way out of the library and back into the streets to head home.