Jean x Reader - Mistletoes

"I don't understand why you're so nervous about having to go to the party, _______." Jean leaned his back against a wall as he watched you flatten your dress down your thighs.

"That's not it Jean!" you snapped back at him. "It's just.. I want to look good.." you panicked and slipped those words out without facing him.

"You look nice already, _______. I don't think you should be worried about that." Jean walked up to you and held out his hand. "If your ready, I'll walk with you to the party."

"Wait Jean.." you shyly looked down.

"Hmm?"

"I guess it's not that I want to look good.."

"What do you mean?" he questioned.

"I mean, I do want to look good but it's just.." you looked at him flushed with red cheeks.

"Hey, you can tell me right?"

"Jean.." you lightly slipped your tongue over your lips. "I'm just afraid of mistletoes.." you squeezed your eyes shut and dropped your head low to hide your face.

"Hahaha!!" Jean laughed as he held his stomach. "_______! You can't be serious! I've never in my life been to parties with mistletoes! And here you are worrying over it!"

"Jean! It's not funny!! I'm being serious!"

"About mistletoes!?" he continued to laugh outrageously. "I don't know what you're so worried about! It's not like you haven't had your first kiss already!"

You furrowed your eyebrows and pouted your lips. "Jean! I haven't though.."

"Oh, _______, what a late bloomer!" he ruffled your hair.

"I'm only worried about it because one time I was actually under one with a boy and they made me kiss him. But before I could kiss him, he ran away! I was so embarrassed!"

"There's nothing to worry about _______, I promise." he grabbed both of your hands. "Anyone at the party would want to kiss you!"

"But..."

"_______, you'll be fine." he gave your hands a light squeeze and smiled at you.

"Jean there is another thing.." you let his hands go and put your hands behind your back.

"What is it this time?" he crossed his arms.

"I don't know how to kiss.." you whispered.

"Wow, of course since you never had your first kiss!!" he began to snicker.

"Jean!" you lightly punched his arm.

"What? Is there something that I could do to help you then, _______?" He raised a brow.

"I don't know.. those things were just on my mind.. I just needed to let it out I guess.."

"So, now that you've let it all out, do you think you're ready to go to the party?" Jean lifted your chin up and made your eyes meet his.

You gulped and opened your mouth, "Teach me how to kiss.."

Jean smirked with a hint if blush on his cheeks. "I suppose I could.."

"Please Jean! I don't want my kiss to be a bad one!" you clung onto his hands.

"Sure, why not.. Well, I'm not going to tell you anything. Just do what you feel is right."

"What do you-" before you finished, you felt something against your lips. They were warm and soft. You saw Jean's face close to yours.

You were too shocked that you froze and didn't react in any way. Jean suddenly pulled back and smiled at you. "How was that?"

You were speechless. "Heh, don't be like that! It was your first, so maybe it's normal that your a little shocked."

"Jean, that was too sudden!" you whined.

"Then shall we try again?"

"Eh!? What!?"

"This time, don't just stay still. Alright?"

"O-okay.."

Jean rested his hands on your shoulders and slowly closed in on your face once again and placed his lips against yours. He puckered his lips softly against yours and you copied him.

Jean pulled back with his forehead resting on yours and he smiled. "I think that was a better kiss, _______."

You giggled and wrapped your arms around him, giving him a hug. "It's thanks to you Jean! I think I'll be able to kiss anyone under the mistletoe now!"

"_______.. I think the only person you should kiss under the mistletoe is me.." He looked into your eyes.

Your heart skipped a beat hearing this. You didn't know how to reply to him. Jean chuckled and brought his hands around your waist. "Anyway, thanks for giving me my first kiss, ______.."

"Wait, so it was your first t-" Jean kissed you once again very quickly.

"Enough! Let's hurry or else we'll be late to the party!" Jean released his arms and began walking away from you. You smiled as you watched his back, he was walking a little awkward.

"Wait for me Jean!" you jogged after him and hooked one arm around his.

--I've honestly never experienced having mistletoes and such but they seem cute :3 and btw Merry Christmas! Although I'm late, I hope you all had a wonderful time yesterday or on Christmas Day! Also, sorry for writing Jean twice. I just felt he would be fitting for a mistletoe fic ^^ hope you liked it.