Bertholdt x low self-esteem!Reader

--beware this get deep-ish, I honestly don't know what went on here but yeah I'm sorry if its bad orz

"Bertholdt.." you knocked on the wooden door of the study room. "Can I come in?"

"Sure." You heard an answer. "How'd you know I was here?"

"Reiner.." you replied.

"Of course.. Take a seat." He walked from his chair and pulled another from under the table.

"Thanks." You sat down in the chair waiting for Bertholdt to get to his.

"What brings you here?" He asked as he sorted out the papers that were scattered all over.

"Well.." you sighed. "I don't know.. I just needed someone to talk to and you're the best person for that."

"I'm honored."

"You should be.." You were able to let out a small laugh.

"See, you're already smiling."

"It's because of you!" You looked at him and smiled bigger.

The two of you sat in silence after this for a while as Bertholdt continued to do his studying while you watched. You sighed again, leaning back in your chair to stretch.

"Sorry.. if you want to, go ahead and just tell me what's wrong.." Bertholdt raised his head.

"Well.." You opened your mouth. "I don-"

"You're not bothering me.."

"...alright.. it's just.." You rested your arms on the table and began. "I just feel terrible lately. My scores have been so low. I haven't been doing well in the training exercises either. And I just feel out of it. Besides that.." you took a deep breath. "Everyone is so much better.. and.." You tried to bite back your tongue. "And I'm probably just a burden to everyone.. Everyone is excelling and I'm here. I'm just here. It's like I'm not even worth anything here compared to you trainees. Everyone's working so hard and I'm just.." Your voice broke as tears streamed down your face. "I hate being a trainee. I hate it!"

"_______..." Bertholdt had walked over to you and cradled you in his arms. "Why haven't you told me this before..?"

"..because.." you sniffed. "What's someone as low as me doing with you. If you think about.." you laughed miserably. "You're just some handsome guy hanging out with this untalented ugly trainee.. I'm nothing compared to you.." Your tears stung your cheeks.

"Don't say that.." Bertholdt hugged you tighter. "Why would you say that?" He pushed you back to face you. "_______, look at me.. Everything you're saying isn't true. You're wrong."

You couldn't bring yourself to respond back to him.

"_______.. if there's anyone who's talented it's you. If there's anyone who excels it's you. If there's anyone who is beautiful, it's you. Do you know how much I struggle with myself too?" He was trying to fight back tears. "Do you know how hard it's for me too? You're not alone.. Even so, _______, you belong here.. you belong here with me. Ever since I've met you.. I've felt like I can do it. Like I can actually be a good soldier here. It's because of you, _______. You drove me to become who I am. You give me confidence to become a stronger man. You give me hope for tomorrow. You're my light, _______.." He embraced you again, nuzzling into your neck.

"Bertholdt.. you don't make any sense.." you tried to understand his words as you squeezed him closer to you.

"I love you, _______. You mean so much to me and hearing you put yourself down hurts me a lot. Never think this way, please. You're worth so much more than you think.." He released you and cupped your cheeks. "Please, never stop smiling."

"Bertl.." a tear rolled down your cheek.

He wiped it away with his thumb and leaned in to place his lips on yours. "_______.. I'm sorry.. I really don't know what to do in these situations.. but I just don't want you to be sad. I don't want you feeling this way. So please, don't feel like you're worth nothing.."

"Well... if you mean it Bertl.."

"Of course I mean it. You're great, _______. You're wonderful. You're beautiful." He looked straight into your eyes. "You're _______. You're a strong person. And I'll always be here for you. I hope that you won't be like this again, but if you are please come to me. I want to be the one for you. I want to be here with you."

"Bertholdt.."

"I'm always here for you.. I love you, _______." He hugged your one more time.

"I love you too, Bertholdt. Thank you.."

-- I'm the same as bertl idk how to write about these situations orz at least I tried.....?