Marco x Reader - Sleepyhead

"Are you tired yet?" You read on the blue light that shown in the darkness of your room.

You replied instantly denying the fact that you might have been sleepy and typed a simple "No, not yet. Are you?"

After a few seconds or two, your phone vibrated. "I'm never tired with you.." Upon reading these words your heart skipped and a smile stretched across your lips.

You took a while to reply back since you we're still giggling at the reply. "I'm not tired with you either, Marco!" You sent and took a deep breath, stretching yourself out on your bed.

Marco and you were definitely having a thing going on. You could remember your innocent young days of shying away from each other at school. He had a crush on you and you had a crush on him. Though, the two of you never spoke to each other thinking that the feelings you both had were not mutual.

Your relationship bloomed after you two became partners in a class. It was honestly awkward at first but the two of you managed and soon became great friends. And from there on, you finally exchanged numbers and now text each other as much as you can.

All your friends thought you were totally crazy for him. You did accept that fact but it was none of their concern, it was your life. You knew that you definitely liked Marco a lot and you were glad to be in some type of relationship with him.

"So.. How long are you staying up tonight?" Your eyes dragged across your phone's screen.

Pursing your lips in thought you typed your answer, "When you fall asleep."

"Well, then I'm going to stay up all night!" Was his reply.

"You can't do it. You fall asleep so easily!"

"No I don't."

"Yes! Let's see who can stay up longer then!"

"You're on!"

"You can't beat me.." You laughed to yourself as you sat up hoping it would wake you up a bit.

"Hey, let's make this more interesting!"

"How?"

Moments later, there was no response from Marco. You watched your phone carefully until your screen changed. Marco was calling you. You freaked out at first since this was your first call from him. Besides that one time when he generously asked you to wake him up by calling him but that's a different story.

After letting your phone buzz a couple more times, you frantically picked it up and answered. "Hello?" You heard Marco's sweet voice fill your ear.

"H-hey!" Your voice was a little dry but you managed to let it out.

"Whoever falls asleep first loses alright? If I hear you snoring, you lose!" He sounded a lot more excited than you thought he'd be.

"I won't lose to you Marco. You always fall asleep before me!" You defended yourself.

"Hmph, we'll see. But hey! If I win, I get something then."

"What do you mean if you win?" Your eyebrows furrowed.

"Think about it. I'm gonna beat you." He exclaimed.

"No you won't!"

"I will.. I'll just be quiet now and wait for you to fall asleep!"

"Hey! You can't do anything to keep you up then! That's the rules! You can only be on the phone!"

"Even if you did something, you'd still lose." Marco chuckled. "I know how tired you get during the day."