overprotective!Jean x Reader - Watch Your Step

"Hey, can I sit here?" You gestured towards an empty seat in front of Eren and Mikasa.

"Go ahead!" Armin was more than happy to answer.

"Thanks!" You set your tray down on the table and got comfortable.

"So, what'd you think of today's exercises?" Eren asked you as he stuffed some soupy substance into his mouth.

"Hmm.." You bit into your bread. "It's wasn't that bad." Your eyes panned the mess hall until you locked in with Jean's light brown eyes. He was glaring right at you. It made you jump and you almost choked on your bread.

"Are you okay?" Armin placed a hand on your shoulder as if to make sure you were alright.

"Maybe the bread was too stale.." Sasha dropped her tray on the table beside yours and took a seat next to you.

"Ahem.." You put a hand on your chest. "No, no.. It was nothing.." You reached for your cup and drunk the water trying to forget the look Jean was giving you.

"Anyway.." You adjusted your seating so you didn't have to look at Jean and made sure he couldn't see you either.

You stayed at the table until your dinner was over with. You tried to exit with Sasha, sticking close to her, hoping to avoid Jean.

"So Sasha.." You tried to come up with something to say so you two wouldn't separate. "You know.. I-" You suddenly felt a hand pull your arm back and you were thrown off balance. You felt yourself pass by the scurrying trainees exiting.

"Oh, hey, where'd you go, _______?" Sasha searched for you but you were no where to be found.

You were being dragged away through the remainder of the crowd of trainees. You already knew it was Jean who was dragging you away too so you just waited for him to stop.

As soon as everyone exited the building Jean let go of your arm and he sat down. You fell onto the ground hitting your bottom against the cold stone. "Oww..." You leaned forward and didn't dare to look behind you.

The two of you sat in silence. You were growing nervous and irritated that Jean had dragged you back when you could be taking this precious time to get some rest. You sighed deeply and got up off your butt.

"So Jean.." after minutes of waiting, you decided to say the first words. You turned around and looked at the boy as you wiped your pants. "What brings you here today?"

"Why weren't you sitting with us today?"

"Does it matter..?" You shot him a look and waited for a reply.

"I saved you a spot.." He answered.

"Just one spot of the many open spots in this place. Thank you Jean Kirschstein for being the considerate human being you are." You gestured your hands and bowed in front of him. "I applaud your etiquette."

"Hey, stop messing around.." He crossed his arms.

"I'm sorry, of course, I shouldn't since I'm with the face of seriousness. My apologies good sir. Now let me properly dismiss myself from your presence." You stomped your feet as you turned around and made your way to the door. "I can sit wherever I want Jean. I don't need to have you pick and choose for me, thank you very much!" And with that, the door was slammed shut.

You walked away angrily slowly regretting your choice of words. You hoped that Jean didn't take it too harshly but you hoped you got your message to that thick-skulled guy. You knew he was looking out for you but sometimes the little things were too much for you to handle.

Sure the two of you had a thing but you just couldn't stand it when he always wanted to be with you or that he only wanted you for himself. It made you feel too possessed by him and you refused to be his thing.