CHAPTER 15: Manipulation

I dedicate this chapter to:

@kysha020807

______________________________

STORM

"WHAT are you doing in the med records?" Sabrina asked nang nakalapit ako sa kanya.

I was caught off guard, I didn't know na nakita niya kong lumabas galing doon. I swallowed and tried to pacify myself. "I got lost."

She squinted her eyes. "You're not good in lying."

Because I don't lie.

"I understand when there are things you can't tell me because I know you're not comfortable to talk about it. Pero ang magsinungaling sa'kin?"

My chest got heavy. She looks disappointed and I don't really like seeing her in emotions other than being happy. "I'm sorry," I said.

I licked my lips. "May...may tinignan lang akong record of a previous patient I know. He...he died here."

Her pupils dilated. "Sorry." She blinked spontaneously. "Sorry. I sounded controlling and—"

"No, baby. You're not." I don't want her to feel that way.

I held her hand. "That patient was my father. He died here."

She bit her lower lip and her forehead creased. "I'm sorry. You should've told me para hindi na kita dinala dito. You can meet my Dad naman elsewhere."

I stared at her and she's really sincere with her words. "Let's not talk about it, okay? Let's just seize the day before we separate ways this sembreak."

She pouted. Damn. There goes my cute baby.

Hindi ko na napigilang pisilin ulit ang pisngi niya. I pinched it softly just like the usual, I don't want her to get hurt.

"Where do you want to go?" she asked.

"Ikaw masusunod."

It sounds sweet pero sinabi ko lang iyon dahil wala naman akong alam puntahan dito sa Manila, palagi lang akong nakakulong sa dorm.

"I know a place na magugustuhan mo!"

Sumakay na kami sa sasakyan niya at nagpatugtog. KLWKN by Music Hero.

"Saan tayo pupunta?" tanong ko.

"Sa puso ko," she replied while starting the engine.

I chuckled. Kahit kailan talaga 'tong si Sabrina.

We went to National Museum of Natural History. This is my first time being here that's why I'm really amused. She's right, magugustuhan ko nga dito. We roamed around and read every details of the display that attracted us. We took a lot of pictures lalo na siya. Naging instant IG boyfriend ako.

Nagagalit pa siya kapag mali-mali ang kuha ko. She's complaining na hindi raw diretso ang kuha ko, ang taba niya raw sa angle na iyon, hindi raw maganda iyong background. Basta, hindi ko maintindihan. Okay naman lahat sa paningin ko.

It's just that my eyes are focused on her everytime I take her pictures, hindi na mahalaga sa'kin ang paligid.

She took a lot of my pictures as well, it was mostly candid dahil hindi naman ako pala-picture. Hindi ako sanay sa camera, hindi ako sanay na p-in-ipicture-an.