✗ sixteen ✗

SHAY

"The food here is delicious Louis, how did you find this place?" I ask kindly as I try my best to swallow down the food. Harry had done as I had asked and ordered me something vegetarian, but I had lost most my appetite after what had happened in the bathroom.

"A friend of mine actually proposed to his girl here. He said that I should try it sometime."

"Don't you think he meant with a girl?" Harry cuts in, taking a bite of his food. I divert my eyes and subtly plug my nose. The smell alone is causing my stomach to churn. "Like a date."

"Where's the fun in that?" We both laugh along with Louis until silence falls over our table.

The two men are engrossed in their food that it's quiet for the first time since sitting. Louis isn't bombarding me with stories of Harry back in sixth form or throughout university. And Harry isn't telling him to "sod off" every five seconds and telling me to ignore his every word. It's actually quite fun to hear them talk like old friends and not like businessmen.

"Oh this place is just so lovely!"

My entire body stills at that feminine voice approaching slowly. I drop my fork against my plate, the sound clattering throughout the rather quite restaurant. And I curse myself internally for bringing attention to myself.

"Shay?" Harry mutters, leaning towards me. I just ignore him and wait for what was to come. I keep my head low and watch as three pairs of shoes walk past the table. One pair is clearly that of a worker's, the second is some of the tallest heels I've ever seen, but of course I've seen them many-a-times, and the last pair belong to a rich, asshole of a man that I call my father. "Shay?"

"Shhh, don't say my name." I hiss at him, keeping my head low until they've passed entirely.

When I bring my head up, Louis and Harry are staring at me with wide-eyes, wondering what the fuck has just happened. I look past Louis to a round booth near the corner of the room. It's way too big for just the two of them, but then again so is their home. They love big and flashy things!

"You look like you've just seen a ghost." Louis mutters with a slight chuckle underneath his breath. I shake my head, unable to take my eyes from them.

My mother sighs loudly at the table, running her manicured fingernails along the surface of the wood. She announces that it's just perfect and looks to my father as if wanting him to verbally agree with her. I hear her sultry voice from across the room, as if she was sitting at my side. Her dress is absolutely gorgeous from what I can tell, and I'm sad to say that I may be jealous.

Unfortunately I'm not quick enough to divert my eyes from their table because her irises meet my mine at once.

"Fuck me

"Fuck me." I say, loud enough for both Louis and Harry to hear clear as day as my eyes widen tremendously.

"Whoa." Louis mutters, trying to contain his laughter but failing miserably.