✗ thirty-six ✗

SHAY

SHAY

"Thank you all for joining us this fine evening. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Harry Styles. I am co-founder of the Happy Children Foundation and CEO of Styles Incorporated. Mr. Tomlinson and myself initiated this foundation three years ago and we are unbelievably pleased to see that it is still going strong. Speaking on behalf of the founders of the Happy Children Foundation, myself included, we appreciate each and every one of you who have attending this evening's banquet. With your help in the past three years we have been able to raise over fifty million pounds for those children and families suffering."

Harry has only just taken the podium after Louis gave an incredible speech about all the work that the foundation has done since the last banquet. He spoke with such passion that brought tears to my eyes, that and the fact that he included photographs from when Harry and Louis were last at the hospitals visiting the sick kids.

"Each year there are over fifteen hundred new cases of children's' cancers in the UK alone, that's around five new cases each and everyday." As Harry speaks the truth, a slide show plays in the background of the sick children around UK hospitals. It's truly heart breaking. "In the last twenty-four hours five children's families have been given heart breaking news about their child. These kids and families spend massive amounts of time in local hospitals, undergoing countless surgeries, chemotherapy, and radiotherapy. Each and everyone more expensive than the last."

Harry is keeping his composure well, for I don't think I'd make it a minute up there with out falling victim to tears.

"Medical treatment is not cheap, not in the least. Parents end up taking more jobs than they can carry on, when they should be spending time with their child. This foundation was created to aide those who need funds for their child's medical expenses and other household expenses that get lost in the commotion. We work with hospitals and clinics in the area, donating funds to families who struggle. Our main goal is to provide each family and child with a bit of happiness, whether it comes in the form of financial help or something more important in their eyes."

Harry stands tall at the podium, not a hint of nervousness anywhere on his features. He looks completely calm as his eyes scan the tables of people before him. They all listen intently, not a sound resonating in the room aside from Harry's voice.

Anne sits closely next to me, holding my hand in her's as she silently lets a few tears cascade down her cheeks. I'm also in a fit of silent tears from Harry's words to the heart breaking photographs on the screen behind him. Louis sits on the other side of Harry's empty chair next to a woman around Harry's mum's age. They both watch silently with awe in their eyes at Harry's every word. The rest of the table seated for eight is filled with older women, around Anne's age. They have all turned in their chairs to give their undivided attention to my boyfriend.

"Last year, we delivered twenty-three million pounds to local hospitals around the UK." With this the entire room roars in applause and I find myself smiling widely. I knew that this foundation has been a success in the past few years, but I had no idea how much of a dent they've made in peoples' lives.