✗ seventy ✗

A/N: Get ready for this chapter people... there's only a few more chapters left. I expect loads of comments because I want all the reactions!!

 I expect loads of comments because I want all the reactions!!

HARRY

31 January

"Harold, are you nearly ready to go?" Shay calls from the sofa, where I've sat her around fifteen minutes ago, with the promise that we'd leave "soon". In reality, I'm not anywhere close to being ready to leave this house.

"Uh, give me a moment." I yell from the steps, hoping Shay will listen for once and actually stay put.

I woke this morning, unable to sleep for the past week or so, partly because of today's plans partly because any day now Shay will go into labour. It'll no longer be just us: Harry and Shay against the world. It'll be Harry and Shay against parenthood. Clearly you can see what keeps me up at night.

I have everything planned to the T for today, or as much as I possibly can. I've called ahead to Wagamama's about special seating for Shay and I, and I've mapped out our walk round Hyde Park. But no matter how much I calm myself with plans, I still have a gut feeling that something with Shay's pregnancy is going to occur today.

I step back into our bedroom, going straight to the loo and taking a look in the mirror. My hair is considerably tamed for once over the past week and I'm dressed in exactly what Louis and I decided on, black skinny jeans (because if I wear something else, Shay will know something is up), a Saint Laurent button shirt (because it's Shay's favorite), and my black trench coat (simply because it's cold outside).

For the twentieth time since waking up and getting dressed, I take the small, square box from the inside pocket of my coat, checking that I haven't lost it. The worst thing that could happen today would be me losing the ring or forgetting it here. I'm actually shocked that Shay hasn't found it yet, as I've been hiding it here in the house for around two months.

I always imagined how I would propose to Shay, even before we were an item. I thought I would ask for her father's hand over a pint, receiving his blessing before anything. I planned on buying her the perfect ring, not too flashy and big, but also big enough for men to know she's mine. I imagined proposing somewhere romantic like Paris. But even though many things of the scenario in my head couldn't happen I still believe it's going to be amazing.

I'll make up for not taking Shay to Paris and take her somewhere even more extravagant on our honeymoon. I wasn't able to ask her father, but I'm sure she won't mind. Either way, today will be perfect.

"Harry!"

With one last deep breath, I replace the box and ring back into my inside pocket and make my way out of the room. I stop short in the doorway, taking one last look at our bedroom, for some reason feeling as if from today on it won't be the same. The bed will no longer be neatly made every morning and our clothes will most likely not be hidden away.