✗ thirty-one ✗

SHAY

SHAY

20 June

"Leaving so soon?" I ask, pulling my oversized jumper tighter around my body as I lean up against the wall near the front door. I've been up since early and Gemma's kept me company for a least a bit of it before packing her bag to leave for London. Gemma nods her head before loading her bag into Anne's car and running back towards the front door in hopes to make it back dry.

The skies opened up early this morning, the thunder and lightning keeping me up since around five fourty-five. To be fair Harry and I were already up. I spent most that time hunched in front of the toilet, emptying my stomach whilst Harry sat on the side of the tub, holding my hair from my face and rubbing my back. It was a lovely affair.

"Yeah, the train leaves in like thirty." Gemma explains, hopping into the house from the cool droplets of water. Her hair is already drenched and if it weren't for the raincoat that hangs on her shoulders, her clothes would be drenched too. "How are you feeling by the way?"

After ten minutes of constant vomiting and Harry beginning to worry that something was seriously wrong, Gemma had stumbled to the bathroom in which she was also sharing with us. She basically started freaking out and we had to explain to her that I get very, very sick when my period comes. She bought it after I assured her three times over; at least I think she bought it.

"I'm feeling much better." I say truthfully.

Shortly after that fiasco, Harry and I went back to the room where he laid with me, feeding me crackers and some water. I ended up watching some reality television show on mute whilst Harry fell back to sleep. Then I took a book with me to the living room and caught up on some me time as I watched the rain fall heavily from the dark skies. "I took some of my anti-nausea medication and I'm all good." Gemma nods and glances outside where Anne sits in the car, flipping through something on her phone. "I'll go get Harry."

"Thanks."

I quickly run upstairs and down the hall to where Harry is still, probably, sleeping. I knock once on the door before pulling it open to reveal Harry lying in bed with his eyes half open. He doesn't notice me standing in the doorway as he begins to feel around in bed and look about.

"Looking for me?" I question, smiling warmly at him. His eyes snap up to meet mine and my smile grows on his sleepy face. He looks so adorable when he's half asleep, like a cupcake... Mmmm, I want a cupcake.

"Why aren't you in bed?" He asks, pulling himself up before resting back against the headboard of the bed. He rubs his eyes with his hands, trying to rid them of sleep. "Did you get sick again?" I shake my head and come into the room and over to his side of the bed before sitting down on the mattress.

"Nah, I never went back to bed." I push some of my messy hair over my ear to keep it out of my face before leaning over and pressing a kiss to Harry's cheek.