✗ sixty-seven ✗

SHAY

31 December

"Are you still feeling up for the party?"

In the turn of a singular day, if that, my pregnancy hormones and symptoms have skyrocketed. I no longer feel as if I can take on the world with one wobbly step at a time.

Since nearly three in the morning I've had the worst heartburn in the world, keeping me awake and irritable all day long. As always, Harry was mad that I didn't wake him up in the middle of the night when I went down to watch the telly and sip on some water to ease the burn in my chest.

And tasks today seemed near to impossible. I've noticed I get out of breath simply walking down the hall between the nursery and the bedroom, and don't get me started on the stairs. Harry's been a dear though, always at my side if I need anything. He's asked me approximately fifteen times today if I still wanted to go to the company party and I'm bound determined to attend.

"Yes, honey, I'm still feeling up to it." I call out from the bathroom as I put one last swipe of mascara on my eyelashes. I cap the mascara and pick up my new Smashbox matte lipstick that Lou got me and apply a good amount, smacking my lips together to spread the colour more evenly. "The question I propose is if you're still up for this party tonight!" I shout from my place in front of the sink.

"Well, I'm not the one who's been up since three in the morning." He says, entering the bathroom whilst buttoning up his white dress shirt. I admire him through the mirror, my eyes scanning his dapper outfit he's chosen for the night. He knows there will be paps, as he's already warned me twice today in fear of my safety.

He wears a brand new Dior Homme suit that arrived earlier today that he's been going on about all day today. He wanted to get dressed when it arrived at half-ten in the morning, but he held off until now, thank goodness. He's already wearing his black velour shoes to go along with the suit he's decided to rock.

"Top buttons undone or done up?" I spin around to face him and eye him carefully, deciding that Harry showing a little chest would be how this night should go. If this were a professional gathering I'd say button it, but this is a party, in which we all need to let a little loose.

"Undone."

"Nice choice." He decides, chuckling as he drops his hands from his shirt. "You look beautiful tonight."

"Thank you, but I feel far from it." I admit, stepping forward and wrapping my arms around Harry's neck, running my hands through the ends of his hair to ensure I don't ruin it's perfection. "Now you, my love, love absolutely ravishing."

"Do I?" He asks, raising a brow as he rests his hands on the sides of my large stomach.

"You do." Harry smile widens as he leans down and quickly presses a kiss to my newly painted lips, causing me to pull back laughing as I see the purple stain remaining on Harry's own parted lips. He narrows his eyes at me, laughing lightly as completely oblivious to what's upon his own lips. "Looks like this colour is not only my shade, but yours as well."

I take Harry's arm and lead him to the mirror, pointing up to his light purple lips with a large grin. He blushes before taking the back of his hand and wiping the evidence away. I lift up his extra hand and examine the nails that he so graciously allowed me to paint today. He thought it was only appropriate that I painted his nails after I practically guilted him into doing it.

"Just know the repercussions from the media are on you tonight." Harry says, wiggling his fingers in my grasp. I giggle and drop his hand, turning on the heels of my flats before exiting the room slowly. I know deep down he likes it; he just doesn't want to give me the satisfaction of knowing.