✗ twenty-seven ✗

SHAY

SHAY

18 June

This morning I had woken up bright and early, before my alarm even, which is a rare occurrence. I'm more likely to sleep through it or hit snooze thirteen times than I am to wake before the alarm. I mean, when you wake in the arms of the man you love it tends to be a bit easier to rise.

I'm still waiting for the perfect time to tell him. We've only really been dating maybe a month, and even I know that it's too soon for those three words to be said. I had pressed a kiss to his cheek before wiggling out of his tight grasp and grabbing my prepared outfit for the day.

Last night was spent packing and eating Chinese take-away and chocolate cake that I had just begged Harry to make. It resulted in the two of us being covering in flour and cocoa powder, but in the end the cake turned out delicious.

After our separate showers, we spent the rest of the evening packing for our three-day trip. We would leave tomorrow and spend the rest of the day on Saturday, all of Sunday and Monday, before driving back to London on Tuesday. I was so excited that I spent the entire night hopping around the room just throwing clothes into my bag.

I had already gotten my hair and makeup and clothes on before Harry had even stirred. He was shocked to say the least; apparently my mood was off putting at first. He thought something was wrong, but of course he just worries too much. And then two hours later we had begun our journey to Holmes Chapel.

The drive so far has been smooth and relaxing. Harry had insisted on me taking a nap on the drive there, that way I won't tire myself out easily. I, of course, ignored his suggestion and have stayed awake thus far. Harry plays the radio and we both sing along, my adequate vocal skills being overshadowed by Harry's amazing abilities. If he weren't the CEO of a very successful business I would peg him as a musician with a passion to travel.

He doesn't even dress like a CEO whenever he's around me. Like today, for instance, he's got on his signature black skinny jeans and a loose fitting button up top, with the top three buttons undone, showing off his toned and tattooed chest; but enough about his clothing style.

"Almost there!" Harry shouts, reaching over and patting my knee. I look up from my phone and gaze around before us. The fields that surround the roads are beautiful under the sun, the grass looking so long and luscious. I just want to run through the meadow and maybe lie on the ground in the warm sun. I shove my phone into my Michael Kors bag and store it by my feet as I begin to mentally prepare myself for this. "Are you excited?"

"Of course I am!" I exclaim, picking his hand up from my knee and intertwining our fingers.

I am very excited to finally meet Harry's family properly. I've met Robin before, but the meeting was short-lived and quite awkward for me. I also can't help to feel incredibly nervous. Harry's family loves him dearly and what if I don't meet their standards? I know they have no say in our relationship, but I would never want to come between Harry and his family. I know they mean too much to him.