The Spying

"Why are you with such a person Draco?" Lucius questioned Draco relentlessly and he answered like he had a million times over.

"Because I wish to be father." He explains but Lucius would have none of it.

"No! No, the witch must have you under a spell or some sort of love potion. There is no way any son of mine could have fallen for a Mudblood." Draco's anger started to rise as his father insulted Hermione.

"She's a great witch and a great person father, why can't you accept that?" Lucius scoffed at his son.

"Because I think-" Draco didn't even give Lucius a chance to finish his sentence.

"I don't care what you bloody think father! I love Hermione Granger and nothing is going to change that!" He shocked himself by saying he loved her, but the moment he said the word he knew how right they were. He did love Hermione Jean Granger and nobody, not even his father, could change that.

Lucius was silent. "You love her?"

"Yes," Draco answered quietly and they both stared at one another. "Yes father I love her."

Lucius thought for a moment to himself. Then told his son what he knew had to be made the truth. "Ok Draco, I may not be a fan of Mudbloods or Muggles but if you say you truly love her then... I will do my very best to make her a part of my family."

Draco was so happy and so relieved that at what his father was saying that for the first time in sometime he was so joyful he actually gave his father a huge. They held onto each other for moment before Draco said. "I do truly love her father I really do."

The two smiled at one another and left the room. The moment Draco was outside though...