The Proposal

Two Months Later

It had been two months since Hermione bought the dress and now she finally had an occasion to wear it.

Draco and her were going out to dinner at a very nice restaurant and Hermione had a feeling that something big was going to happen that night. She took one lasts look in her mirror before going out to join Draco.

The dress was as shiny and perfect as the day she bought it and her hair had been tamed into perfect curls that split over her shoulders. She had planned light green eyeshadow to match the dress and had on a deep garnet coloured lipstick.

Slowly she emerged from Draco and hers closet. His gasp was so loud she could hear it from across the room. His eyes looked like they couldn't get enough of her as they scanned her body. He slowly walked toward her as if he was afraid of approaching such an angel.

Hermione's blush was so obvious that no one could have missed it. Draco took her hand as they apparated to the restaurant.

The waiter had immediately gotten them seated much like the one at their first date and Hermione smiled at the memory. Draco's comforting hand encircled her waist as they made there way over to a private table.

Champagne was delivered to their table and Hermione raised her eyebrows. Draco looked nervous and yet happy at the same time.

That was when he pulled a black box out of his pocket and bent on one knee. Joyful tears pricked at Hermione's eyes as she gasped.

"Hermione Jean Granger, I've been your enemy and I've been your lover. And I have to say I don't think I've ever truly know a time when you weren't a big part of my life. I think deep down I've always loved you and I want to love you for the rest of our lives. So what I'm saying is..." He opened up the box to reveal a stunning silver ring shaped like a rose that held a single solitary emerald in the centre of it. "Marry me Mudblood?"

"Yes of course, you ferret." Hermione laughed and cried happy tears at the same time as she hugged him so tightly that she knew she would never let him go...