Meeting the bros

You were happy in the Ruins. Spending time with Asgore and Chara, was much more fun than being with Frisk, who always wanted to leave as soon as possible.

Still, after a few weeks, you began to be curious about the rest of 'this' Underground. You wanted to know how the others are down here, especially Sans and Papyrus. Knowing that your decision is going to break Asgore's heart, made it even harder to tell him, that you wanted to leave. You told Chara about your decision and they agreed to go with you.

You two entered the living room where Asgore read his book and walked up to him. Chara pulled on the sleeve of his robe, to get his attention.

"Asgore. We really love it here in the Ruins. We love to eat your pie and go bug hunting, but we want to leave the Ruins." You said and lowering your head, not wanting to look into Asgore's eyes.

Asgore sighed.

"I knew that this would come one day. Every child who fell down here wanted to leave this place, going back to the surface. I let them all leave. Hoping they would all return to the surface.... But.....Toriel killed them. She killed them all. And even after I told you this so many times, you two still want to leave this place?" Asgore asked with sorrow.

You and Chara nodded.

"Fine. I'll show you the exit." Asgore agreed and stood up.

You were shocked, that he would let you go this easily. He walked out of the living room and you two followed him.

"You will let us leave the Ruins? Just like that?" You asked in disbelieve.

Asgore stopped and turned around, looking down at you.

"You seem really surprised, why so?" He asked and knelt down to me.

"I-i mean, we could die out there and you will just let us go? You're not trying to stop us, after so many children who died down here, because of Toriel?" You questioned him and starred at him.

Asgore tilted his head and smiled.

"You want to know the reason, why I will let you leave?"

You nodded, waiting for his answer.

"(Y/N), my child. I watched you and Chara walking through the Ruins every day. I saw how you defended and protected her from monsters, which were attacking you. I saw how strong you are and know that you won't die this easily. That you will always find a way, no matter how hopeless the situation seems. You're not afraid of attacking a monster if it doesn't give in. So I know, that stopping you two will be impossible. I know that you two will be able to exit this Underground, if you help each other and believe in yourselves." Asgore replied with a smile.

You nodded and smiled back at him.

Asgore stood up and walked down the stairs, followed by you and Chara.

You ended up in front of a large door. You knew that this was the exit of the Ruins and sighed.

"Please be careful out there you two. You can call me, whenever you need help." Asgore said and embraced you two.

You hugged back, not wanting to let him go. He reminded you so much of the Asgore of the Underground you knew. Lonely and hopeless. Just wanting to protect everyone.

Asgore let go of you two and walked away, not looking back.

You took a deep breath and looked at Chara. They were crying. You bowed down towards then and patted their head.

"Hey, don't cry. I'm sure we will see him again." You said and smiled at them.

You hide the fact that you were about to cry. You wanted to stay strong.