Chapter-21

Five Days Left

Hong Kong International Airport

"I'm bored," I told Elizaveta.

"Why don't you come up with a plan to save the world?" She suggested.

"Can we get candy?" I asked her.

"Shh," Julian said. That ass had been snoring for hours now. We were stuck in Hong Kong and our connection to Shanghai would take hours more.

The PA system rang. Passengers ran scurried all over the place. An assassin was casually reading something on his phone next to me. The airport was louder than an AC/DC concert and just as pleasant. I missed my phone. I'd forgotten to transfer my music to the phone Evans gave me.

"I'm really bored," I told Kai.

"Can't you annoy Elizaveta?" He asked.

"I can, but I pick you," I told him.

"I'm honored. Our flight isn't for another hour. Go to sleep," he said.

"Nope," I said.

He didn't reply. He started reading something on his phone.

"Kai."

No reply.

"Kaiii."

He was really good at this. Maybe I'm losing my touch. No, annoying people was an innate ability of mine, he will not win.

"Have you ever been mistaken for a girl?

He typed something on his phone.

"Like you have really pretty features, high cheekbones and shit. If you were a girl both Eliza and I would feel insecure."

Woah, infinite patience. Maybe Arianna could learn a thing or two from him.

"I'm going to ask that nice officer there if I can pet that cute little doggy," I said.

Kai briefly looked up to sneek a glance.

A poor officer was trying his best to reign in a seventy kilogram German Shepherd that was snarling at random passengers as if it would rip their heads off and bathe in their blood and innards after tearing them apart if they didn't smell right.

Misunderstood puppy.

He gave me a slight nod that said 'go ahead' and looked back at his phone.

"You're not going to stop me?!"

He ignored me.

"You look really out of place with the black leather and heavy combat boots," I told him. "You look like you're going to kill someone."

Kai was pretty darn good at this, I'll admit.

"How did you get your weapons past airport security?" I asked. "Did you dump them in your suitcase."

He leaned away slightly and continued texting.

"Kaiiiii."

Ugh.

I nudged him with my elbow. "Kai. Kai. Kai. Kai. Kai. Kai."

Hmm...not working.

"The place is so tense," I muttered, watching a bunch of officers walk across the hall. Hong Kong didn't mess with its security.

No response.

"Really...by the way, can you take down those armed guards?"

Silence.