Epilogue

False alarm, I didn't die.

I actually woke up in the hospital to the beautiful view of my sister's face with makeup running all over so she looked like a demented and scary Harley Quinn and as if that wasn't disturbing enough, Julian screamed when he heard me scream and last I saw was him running out of the door screaming 'It's alive! It's alive!'.

"What the fuck?" I asked. "Did I die?"

"Kai nearly killed you! Holy shit, Kes, your heart stopped beating!"

What can I say? Kai took my breath away and made my heart skip a beat.

I'm going to fucking murder that psychopath and shove his chopsticks so far up his ass that the next time he opens his mouth, he'll be speaking Chinese.

And that's how I found myself stalking the hospital hallway in a hospital gown at 2 AM with a stolen scalpel in my hand. The nurses were a bit concerned when I went missing, but fortunately they didn't catch me until I found Kai who was apparently here to 'see' me.

"You know I can disarm you in a microsecond, right?" Kai asked. "And the only reason I haven't yet is because you're not fully recovered and I won't attack a cripple."

"Huh, saves me the dilemma because you're never going to recover," I snarled and kept the scalpel at his throat.

He smirked and twisted my arm. The scalpel clattered to the floor and he kicked it away. "Cute."

"Let go. I wanna kill you."

"No," Kai said and and kept his grip on my wrist. I know he's the Nakamura head now. He's part of the Circle, a poison running in their very bones. He's going to take it down, but until then, he's the boss.

"Please?"

"No Kes! Stop it!"

"You tried to kill me!"

"You're here because of that. Because I didn't let Dragomirov take you."

And then he told me that as far as the world was concerned, Kestrel Seran was dead.

Along with Kai's ability to have heirs...or so I thought before he caught my foot and threw me on the floor, my ass disappointed me once again when it sent the impact up my spine. "Whoops. Slippery floor huh?"

I picked up the scalpel and threw it at him. He swatted it away. "Cute. I'm terrified. Should've let you loose on Dragomirov"

"Wait, where am I?"

"Tokyo."

"What am I doing in Tokyo?"

"Aside from talking shit? Hiding. You're hiding. Remember the big bad Shadow Circle?"

"Right," I said. "You're the boss now."

"In all his glory."

"Where is Elizavetta? And Ryo? Is he still single?" I asked.

"So many questions." Kai knelt down and wrapped his jacket around my shoulders. "I'm going to take you home now. Ari and Julian will join us there. Elizaveta and Ryo are waiting for you too."

"Ari? You're on nickname basis with my sister now?"

He shrugged. "We bonded after I poisoned you and got you to shut your mouth for a month."