With You (Sherlock)

Sherlock had never been one for showing affection. Heck, most people thought he was incapable of affection. So did you when you first met him.

You're Greg Lestrade's baby sister. When you first met Sherlock while helping your brother on site of a murder, you thought he was a cold, arrogant, robot-like man with no emotion whatsoever. But as time went on you saw the different sides of Sherlock Holmes. Needless to say, you fell in love with who he was outside of his consulting detective work.

***
It was like any other day at 221b Baker Street. You, Greg, John, and Sherlock were all sat in the living area, deep in thought over another case. Mrs. Hudson brought you and the others a tray of biscuits and some tea (while muttering, "Don't get used to it, I'm not your housekeeper," upon being thanked). Sherlock stood in his usual thinking stance in front of a pin board, hands raised to his lips, fingers forming a triangle that pointed just under his nose. The rest of you stood around the board as well, each forming their own theory.

You stood next to your (secret) boyfriend, Sherlock. You had moved into 221b with Sherlock after John moved out following his marriage to Mary. Neither Greg nor John knew you were living with Sherlock.

You probably wouldn't have been living with him, had you not been let go from your previous job and not able to rent your own flat. You did have a part time job as Greg's secondary advisor, (basically a step down from Anderson), but it hardly would pay rent, let alone cover grocery money and other small expenses. You were too embarrassed to ask to move in with your brother, and you been dating Sherlock for two years, so you figured he would let you move in.

As you stood around the pin board, you noticed Sherlock was visibly tense. He usually got this way during a high-stress case. You forgot momentarily your brother and John were in the room at close proximity. Slowly you began running your hand through the back of his curls, a calming technique you often used to relieve his stress when the two of you were alone.

You noticed Sherlock's stance loosen a bit and his shoulders relax. Your calming ways never failed. Caught up in massaging your fingers through his ebony curls, you didn't see the strange looks Greg and John were exchanging while seeing you and Sherlock interact. They always thought the two of you had nothing to do with each other, though recently they had caught on to you two being friendlier than usual.

They decided to save the conversation for later when Sherlock lowered his hands from his hands from his mouth, put his arms around you from behind, and pulled you close to his chest so you were both staring at the board. If that itself didn't earn a startled look from the two other men, what Sherlock did next surely did. He placed a gentle kiss to the top of your head before resting his chin there.

"Ahem!" Greg coughed.

You both jumped, Sherlock quickly unwrapping his arms from around you and you moving away from him.

"Care to explain what all that was?" Greg asked. The two of you blushed madly.

"George, please, this is an important case. We can't waste time asking silly questions," Sherlock said monotonously.

"Don't change the subject. Y/N, what was that?" Greg asked irritatedly.

"Well..." You began, looking into Sherlock's blue-green eyes for help.

"We are, um," Sherlock stammered.

"Together," the two of you said in unison.

"Together?" A very surprised Greg and John repeated.

"Yes, that's what we just said," you giggled.

"Since when?" Greg questioned.

"About two an a half years," you said bracingly.

"TWO AND A HALF YEARS?!" Greg and John blurted disbelievingly.

"And when did you plan on telling me?" Greg demanded.

"Uh, I don't know, maybe at the wedding?" You offered.

"YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED?!" Greg exclaimed.

"No! Well, not yet anyways. We aren't even engaged. I was just saying I wanted to wait as long as possible because I figured you wouldn't approve," you explained.

Greg pinched the bridge of his nose, "As long as you're happy, I'm happy," he mumbled.

"What was that?" You asked.

"As long as your happy, Y/N, I'm happy. I just wish you would've told me sooner," he said.

"So, you're OK with it?" You asked, almost disbelievingly.

"I am. But, so help me, Sherlock, if you hurt her in any way, it'll be your body laying on the ground in a murder case, got it?" He threatened.

"Of course, George," Sherlock nodded.

"It's Greg," Greg growled.

"Wait," John butted in,"so you're with her?"

"Yes, John, keep up," Sherlock replied impatiently.

"You're with him?!" John turned to you with a shocked expression.

"Yes," you giggled, taking Sherlock's hand.

"Wow, didn't see that one coming," he said, now turning to Greg.

"You and me both," Greg muttered.

After an awkward silence, Geg spoke again, "Well, I suppose we're through for the day. We'll see you two tomorrow."

Greg grabbled John my the arm and tugged him towards the door. The two men grabbed their coats and left the flat.

"Just wait till he finds out you're staying with me," Sherlock chuckled once they were gone.

~Sorry if that was really crappy. I'm still getting used to writing imagines instead of book, length stories. Hopefully future ones will be better!~

-B❤️