What a Catch! (Ron Weasley X Ravenclaw! Reader)

Crowds screaming. Fans cheering. Heart thumping. Adrenaline surging. You took a big risk and made the shot, ignoring your coach who was frantically objecting from the ground below.

And with one clean swish through the air, the quaffle soared into the top ring. Everyone sat with baited breath, as the score was now tied and it was a race for the Golden Snitch between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor.

Being a Chaser for the Ravenclaw house quidditch team had been your life's work since you set foot on the Hogwarts grounds at the age of eleven. It ran in your blood through seven, now eight, generations on your mother's side. Your competitive nature, determination, and fiery passion all balanced alongside your compassion, even temper, and charm. You were the star of the team, but coming up quickly within the ranks was the up and coming Seeker, Margaret McCorbin. Within seconds of your victory, cheers erupted from the stands. Margaret had caught the Snitch.

With everyone buzzing with commotion, it was easy to get caught up in the mass of players trying to get back to the ground. Suddenly, a Gryffindor player, who was a bit to eager to make it back to the locker rooms, ran straight into you, knocking you clean off your broom. You were free falling from at least a hundred feet in the air, the wind so knocked out of you that you couldn't scream. You were certain you were going to injure yourself severely as you braced for impact, but the instead your body collapsed into a pair of strong, steady arms.

Still pretty high up, you dared not look down. Instead you turned to face your hero, only to see the petrified, yet relieved, blue eyes of none other than Ronald Bilius Weasley, Gryffindor keeper.

Time went by in slow motion as he searched your face for any sign of hurt or trauma, slowly lowering the two of you to the ground. His eyes raked down your body for signs of injury, however they wouldn't have been visible anyway due to your heavily shielded uniform.

The two of you locked eyes as his feet touched the ground, and they remained connected as he lifted you up and laid you on the soft grass. It was only when Madam Pomfrey bustled in and blocked your view of Ron that your eye contact broke. You then turned to look up at the clear sky as you were checked for pulse and any obvious injuries, before being transported to the Hospital Wing. There, you blacked out.

***

"When do you think she'll wake up?" An airy, distant female voice asked.

"I don't know, but I hope it's soon. I haven't slept a wink since the match on Friday," a deeper male voice replied.

Your eyes fluttered open and you saw two blurry faces in the bright candle light, which came into focus after you blinked a few times. You were laying on a bed in the Hospital Wing, your best friend, Luna Lovegood, and the boy who saved your life, Ron Weasley, instantly drew near.

"Y/N!" Luna cheered, hugging you.

You winced and let out a low hiss, bracing your side.

"Oh Merlin, I'm so sorry! I forgot, Madam Ponfrey said you bruised a few ribs from your collision with George," Luna apologized.

"George?" You asked groggily.

"Yes, but good thing Ronald here was able to sweep in and save the day," Luna nodded in Ron's direction, who was sat in a chair as close as he could get to your bedside. "George was very upset about what happened, and he wanted to come see you and make sure you were okay, but Mr. Hothead wouldn't let him."

"Why is that, Ronald?" I asked. This was all so strange, seeing as I hardly knew Ron except for in casual conversation with him and the others in the Golden Trio.

"Oh please, Y/N, just call me Ron. We aren't strangers," he replied.

"Be that as it may, why wouldn't you let your brother see me?" You pushed.