Hide and Seek (Peter Pevensie CoN)

"LUCY!"

The loud voice startled you where you stood, looking at bed sets in IKEA. You turned to see a tall boy, maybe 17 or 18 years old, with dirty blond, swooping hair and sea foam colored eyes. You felt your face flush with heat as you realized he caught you staring. You reasoned with yourself that he must be used to it; boys that good looking don't often go unnoticed.

"Excuse me," he spoke, approaching you.

Your eyes widened. You turned to see if he was talking to a store employee or someone behind you, but you were the only two in the isle.

"Me?" You softly replied.

"Um, yes, have you by chance see a girl, this tall," he motioned to a height of about five feet, "dark brown hair, brown eyes, in a white, flower-y dress?"

You thought for a moment and recalled seeing a girl that, if you remembered correctly, did fit the description. She was giggling as she ran past you towards the furniture section.

"Yes, actually, she was headed towards the furniture. It's been a while though, she may have moved on by now," you replied, tugging on your bottom lip with your teeth anxiously. Without thinking, you continued, "Do you need help looking for her?"

"I would hate to bother you, but if you're offering it would be very much appreciated. If I've actually lost her I think our mom will actually kill me," he chuckled nervously.

"Well, we wouldn't want that," I giggled, completely out of my usual character, "Lead the way."

We made our way to the furniture section, and on the way he looked at me with a goofy grin, "I just realized I never asked for your name."

"Oh!" I realized I didn't know his either. My people skills are pretty much nonexistent when it comes to attractive males, "My name is Y/N. What's yours?"

"Peter," he said. The way he said his name with his British accent sounded like warm, smooth butter being spread on toast. I never wanted him to stop talking. "You have a very pretty name, by the way."

I couldn't stop the blush creeping up my neck and ringing my cheeks, "Thank you. You have a very cute accent." Yep, I said that. Out loud. To his face.

"Thank you, I'm surprised you weren't shocked the first time you heard me speak. I've found most Americans are," he observed.

"I actually have a friend who moved here from Britain a few months ago, so I guess I've become used to it," I shrugged.

"What's her name?" He asked, seemingly very intrigued.

"Susan Pevensie," I raised an eyebrow at him, curious as to why he wanted to know. Just because he's British too doesn't mean he automatically knows her. Does it?

"Wait, you're Y/N L/N?" He asked. When I nodded he added, "Susan is my sister, she talks about you all the time, about how good of a friend you are."

"I'm an idiot, of course you're her brother! She talks about all of you all the time as well. I can't believe I didn't connect your name and your accent to her," I shook my head, chuckling. What are the odds?

"If I don't end up dead at the hands of my mother tonight, I'll have to tell Susan to start bringing you by the house," he smiled, "You seem like you'd be fun to hang out with."

I looked at my feet, the heat in my cheeks seemingly ever-present around Peter. "Thank you," I said, "I think I'd enjoy hanging out with you too."

"Peter!" A young girl's voice calls from an isle full of dressers and wardrobes. Out pops Lucy, his sister, grinning widely, "Did you give up or something?"

"Lucy," he said, dragging out the end of her name in a groan, walking towards her, "I told you we aren't playing hide and seek in here. It's too big," he kneeled in front of her so he was level with her, "I thought I lost you. You had me so worried. Don't you ever run off like that again okay? When I'm in charge and I say no games, that means no games."

Lucy rolled her eyes at him, "Fine."

"Thank you," he said, satisfied.

He stood and wrapped her in a hug of relief before steering her in my direction. Before she could ask "Are you done here yet?" He cut her off and said, "Lucy, this is Y/N, Susan's friend. Y/N, this is my little sister, Lucy. She's the wild one."

"Hey!" Lucy cries, "I am not wild. I'm just more fun than you." She stuck her tongue out at her brother.

I smiled at the two of them. I could tell, for the most part, he was a very good older brother to her, and he definitely cared about her. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Oh, go on! Just get her number already!" Lucy exclaimed.

I burst out laughing and so did he. Then, he shrugged and slipped his phone out of his jeans pocket, opening it to his contacts and handing it over to me. A little shocked, I took it and typed my number in, doubled checked it, and handed it back.

"Well, I guess I better get this one home-"

"After ice cream!" Lucy interrupted.

"After ice cream," it was then his turn to roll his eyes, "so I'll see you later. I assume you go the same school as me and Susan, so I guess see you on Monday." He rambled.

I smiled, "I'll see you on Monday, Peter."
Then I crouched an whispered to Lucy, "Keep him on his toes for me, yeah?" She giggled in reply and nodded vigorously.

Peter gave me a questioning look and I just waved him off. We kept eye contact until we were too far apart to see each other. Once he was gone, I realized how jittery and full of butterflies I had been. This could be good, I thought with a giddy grin.

I wandered back over to the bed sets and finally picked one, when my phone buzzed in my purse. I pulled it out, and on my lit phone screen was a single text.

French fries at Ginny's, Monday after school?🙃 -Peter P

Biting your lip, you smiled down at your phone. With one text he had already captured your heart.

Hey y'all! Sorry it's been 5EVER since I've updated. Life, you know? Hopefully I'm back at least semi-regularly. This one wasn't requested, I just thought it was a cute idea. Besides, who doesn't love Peter Pevensie? Hope y'all have a good week!
-B🌸