Tripping In Love (Neville Longbottom)

You walked down the corridor towards Professor Flitwick's classroom for Charms. Cheerful, spring light poured through the windows and spilled out over the floors and walls. You had almost reached the door when one of your fellow 3rd years, a brunet, hazel-eyed boy by the name of Neville Longbottom, was tripped by a Slitherin girl. He fell towards you, face first. Luckily, you caught him with your open arms before he could hit the ground.

"Woah there, Longbottom!" You chuckled lightly, helping him stand upright.

"T-thank you," he stuttered. You found his shy, meek personality intriguing.

He dusted off his robes as you took a step towards him. The close proximity caused his face to redden. Your fingers delicately placed themselves on either side of his scarlet and gold tie. With quick movements you straightened out and fixed the tie so it lay centered underneath his sweater and robes.

"You are Neville Longbottom, right?" You asked, however, you were quite sure that you were correct.

"Correct," he said, and you noticed the hint of confidence behind it. You also made note of his lovely Scottish accent.

"Y/N L/N," you introduced as you finished fixing up his appearance. You took a step back and admired your work, a hand on your hip and your head cocked to the side.

"We better get in there before Flitwick has a spasm," you said with a small laugh, taking his hand and hauling him into the room.

**4th Year**

The dining hall was, as usual, full of students for the beginning of the year feast. You were waiting tiredly on the food, ready to stuff your face and hit the hay, when you decided to use the restroom. Any excuse to get away from the noisiness of the Great Hall, the commotion of the Sorting Ceremony, and take your mind off your hunger.

You were absentmindedly staring at the paintings that lines the halls when you rather abruptly ran into someone. The impact cased both of you to fall back on your bums.

"Neville, we have got to stop meeting like this," you groaned, picking yourself up and smoothing your uniform skirt.

He blushed, "At least last time you caught me."

You extended your hand and pulled him up from the ground, "And now I'm helping you up. C'mon, Neville, man up," you joked lightheartedly with a grin which he returned.

He blushed a shade darker not only at your comment but at the touch of your hands against his. He decided he would be glad to bump into you any and every day.

**5th Year**

"Now this is just getting ridiculous, Nev. How do we manage to do this every year?" You chuckled, hoisting your clumsily adorable best friend up by the arms.

"It's not my fault! Those bloody Slitherins," he growled. Whenever he was around you, he always had more confidence.

"Ten points from Gryffindor, Longbottom. Next time you insult my house, please do so in private," Snape sneered.

You gave him a loud eye-roll.

"And ten points off for you, Miss L/N, for the atti-tude," he said, over pronouncing 'attitude.' The Gryffindors groaned. Not at you for getting points taken, but at Professor Snape for being the biased stickler that he was.
***
"Ooh, Neville Longbottom got ten points taken from Gryffindor. What a bad boy you've become, and I'd like to think it's because of muah," you joked after class, placing a hand proudly over your heart.

Neville groaned, "I just hope Gran doesn't find out."

**6th Year**

You approached Neville, this time determined to have a trip-free encounter. So much for that.

You were about to walk on as you noticed he was talking to someone else when you slipped on who-knows-what, and fell backwards. To your surprise, Neville swept you up bridal style before you made contact with the cold, hard floor.

"Fallin' for me, again, Miss Y/N?" He said smoothly in your ear.

You blushed, at a loss for words. Since when was he this...bold?

"Um, ah, uh," you stuttered, trying and failing to form a cohesive thought.

"What's the matte'? Cat got ya' tongue?" He continued with a smirk, setting you back on your feet.

Has he been taking advice from that Slitherin...what's his name?...Racod Foymal? No...Carod Yomalf? No, no...Ardoc Alfomy? NO, no, no... ugh...oh! Draco Malfoy! That's it!

"Have you been taking advice from Draco Malfoy?" You asked him.

"No," he spat, appalled by the obnoxious ferret who used to torment him.

"Are you running a fever?" You asked, placing a hand on his forehead then checking his cheeks for heat.

"Nope," he chuckled.

"Then what's gotten into you?!" You exclaimed, placing your hands on your hips.

"I-um-I-Ireallyreallyreallylikeyou," he sputtered.

"What was that?" You inquired, growing impatient.

"I-Ireallylikeyoualot," he said, but it sounded like gibberish.

"FOR MERLINS SAKE IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY SPIT-IT-OUT!" You cried, exasperatedly.

"I think I love you!" He blurted, his face instantly resembling a bright red tomato.

**5 Years Later**

"Whatcha thinkin' about, Mrs. Longbottom?" Neville asked sweetly, now standing next to you as you stared out one of the many windows of his office in the greenhouse.

"Oh, nothing, Professor Longbottom. Just reminiscing on how we got together," you giggled at the name and sighed.

He chuckled. "I can't wait to tell that story to our children."

He placed a hand on your swollen stomach. You were pregnant with your first child, a daughter whom you would name Alice after Neville's mother. The two of you were scared to have children after the war, fretting the idea of them having to go through any of the pain you did. But after four years of marriage, you received an unexpected prediction of your pregnancy by your best friend, Luna Lovegood. She was sometimes a bit out there, so you paid it no mind at first. Then the morning sickness and cravings came, and a trip to St. Mungos later, you were hit with the reality that you were carrying a tiny human inside of you.

"I'm still worried, Nev. There's still darkness and evil out there, and we will be responsible to protect her from it," you said, turning to your husband.

"As long as humans remain on this earth there will be darkness and evil. But, as long as you cling to the light and don't let it overpower you, it can't harm you," he spoke wisely.

"I knew I married you for a reason," you smiled.

"I always figured it was my dashing looks and irresistible charm," he joked.

"Just keep telling yourself that," you chuckled, resting your head on his shoulder.