Hit that Bass (Avi Kaplan from PTX)

It was the day before your fiancé would be arriving home from tour, and you were struggling to make your apartment look presentable. All you really wanted to do was curl up on the couch and watch Netflix, but the unmade bed, dirty laundry heaps, and dust covered surfaces proved otherwise.

Eventually you convinced yourself to get out of bed and get something accomplished. After a breakfast consisting of a banana and an energy bar, you tied your H/L, H/C hair back and put on your game face.

But, of course, you couldn't work without music. So you took your Bluetooth speaker, connected to your phone, flipped through your Pentatonix playlist, and cranked it up so you were submerged in the insanely angelic vocals of your fiancé and his four, equally talented friends.

You danced around and hummed contently to yourself as you dusted, swept and mopped your apartment. As you mopped, Can't Sleep Love, came on over the speakers. You leaned the mop that you held in your hand against the nearest wall and rushed to your room to grab your huge framed sunglasses. You put them on your face and ran back to your mop to use as a mic.

Tell me, am I going crazy?
Uh huh,
Tell me, have I lost my mind?
Yeah,
Am I just afraid of loving?
Uh huh,
Or am I not the loving kind?
Yeah.

You got lost in the song, hilariously dancing, wiggling your eyebrows, and eventually moonwalking. Now as you were putting on this hilarious show for your imaginary audience, a certain someone entered the apartment. However, music was too loud and you were too far gone in your imagination to notice.

Avi was about to enter the kitchen was you moonwalked back out of the living room and into his chest. Since you were for certain you were home alone you screamed, spun around, and punched him square in the jaw. Then reality dawned on you as the bass clutched his now aching face...

"AVI!" You squeaked, tackling him in a koala hug.

"Gee, hun, you have a really good arm!" He said in his baritone voice, still cradling his jaw.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! C'mon let me get you some ice," you cooed, leading your fiancé into the kitchen that connected to the living room.

You explained the situation as you zipped up the ice pack, "I thought you were some sort of intruder and kind of freaked out. I'm really sorry. I wasn't expecting you until tomorrow night!"

"Don't sweat it, hun. It's my fault for dropping in unexpectedly like that..." he chuckled and held the ice to his jaw as he leaned against the countertop.

"Well now that I know you aren't a psychopath serial killer, I guess I can do this," you leaned in and pecked his lips, "I've missed you, you know."

"I've missed you too," he replied, wrapping a strong arm around your waist and pulling you into his chest.

You sighed and closed your eyes, soaking up the moment of contentment the two of you shared.