Expecting Someone? (George Weasley X Reader)

You couldn't help but let your eyes stray from your book as you watched the peculiar scene unfold before you.

The redhead was a few tables across from you, right in your line of eyesight. He was seated at a table for two, and from the way he glanced to from his watch, to the door, and back to his watch, the other chair was not supposed to be empty. You observed him silently, watching as he would take puffy breaths, filling his cheeks with air and releasing it slowly. He tapped is fingers on the table as he glanced around the small restaurant, hoping no one had noticed his current situation. But you had.

After he the waiter came by for the third time asking if he was ready to place his order and was once again dismissed, you decided to take a chance and put the guy out of his misery. You placed your book in your bag, grabbed your glass, and walked over.

"You expecting someone?" You asked, startling him a bit.

He sighed, "I guess not."

"May I?" You gestured to the empty seat.

"Be my guest," he chuckled, "I guess I was starting to look pretty lame, wasn't I?"

"Not at all," you shook your head, settling into the chair and placing your bag on the floor next to you. "If anything, it's the other person who looks lame."

"I guess that's what I get for letting my mum set me up," he joked.

"Ouch," you winced, "that's a rookie mistake, my friend."

The two of you laughed and joked for a while, making pleasant conversation. His name was George, and he was the owner of the one and only Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. You remembered him from your school days, even though you were a couple years younger, and commended him for his theatrical exit during the reign of the terrible Delores Umbridge.

You were a member of the DA, which is how he remembered you, and couldn't believe how much you had changed since he last saw you. You worked at St. Mungo's as a therapist to patients with PTSD, many of whom fought alongside you in the battle of Hogwart. He admired you greatly for your work, and admitted that he too had struggled greatly with his mental health after the war. The loss of his brother was a weight that, for a long time, he wasn't sure he could live with.

"George," you put your hand on top of his across the table without hesitation, "I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you."

He moved his hand only to interlace your fingers and you couldn't believe you felt this strong of a connection to someone over the course of ten minutes, "He's still a part of me in every way. Once a twin, always a twin. I just want to make him proud." He spoke looking out the window, his eyes glistening.

The waiter came to take your orders and gave you a confused look. You told him you moved tables and didn't bother with an explanation. George continued to tell you stories, mostly fond memories of himself and Fred, and you thought you could sit there and listen to him tell them for days.

"You're telling me that ear is fake?" You asked, mouth agape as he explained how he had lost his ear in the Battle of Seven Potters, and how it was irreplaceable since it was an act of Dark Magic.

"Yep, I was shocked too when I first got it. I thought they had chucked off someone else's ear to put on me," he laughed breathily, "Of course, my hearing is still a bit rubbish on that side, but I've found it doesn't bother me too much."

"I can't believe I never talked to you in school," you shook your head, a smile plastered to your face, "You are hands down the most interesting man I've ever met."

You continued talking through the course of your meal, trading stories from your school days and adult lives, completely enthralled in your own little world. You talked about your dreams of opening up your own practice one day, something you had only admitted to your cat, Lyrix. He divulged his desire to eventually have a family and hopefully a son whom he could name after his brother and train to one day take over the shop. One thing was clear to everyone else in the place: the two of you were in total adoration of each other.