Sleepy (Draco Malfoy x Reader)

NEWTS: another word for torture. You had been taking your NEWTS exams all week, and for the four months leading up to them you had been studying nonstop. Your brain was fried, your body ached with fatigue, and you were famished from lack of proper eating. Worst of all, you hadn't been able to see your beloved boyfriend, Draco Malfoy.

Sure, he could be an absolute pain in the backside. But when you were alone he was the sweetest, most precious thing in the world. While most thought of him as a snake, you only pictured him as a fluffy, soft, cuddly puppy. The Slytherin Prince was a softy, though he often had trouble showing it.

Now that NEWTS were finally over, relaxation and relief seemed inevitable. To your disappointment, the only thing you felt was the weight of all those lost hours of sleep catching up with you, and the ache of exhaustion hammering in your temples. You ate your fill at dinner, hoping you'd see Draco. He wasn't there.

You trudged back down to the dungeons and entered the Slytherin common room. You expected to go to bed and see him tomorrow, sluggishly making your way to the girls dormitories. As you stepped up the first stair, someone firmly gripped your arm and spun you around. Looked up through tired eyes to see the Blond Beauty himself. But he was not like you'd ever seen him before.

Draco's eyes had dark circles underneath them, standing out stunningly against his pale skin. His grey eyes showed strain and pure mental burnout, and his silky, light blond hair was sticking out in every direction. He was wearing solid black basketball shorts (which you introduced to him from the muggle world) and an oversized, black and emerald green jumper. The sleeves trailed down over his hands creating sweater paws, one of them reaching up to rub his right eye sleepily. He resembled a small child waking up in the middle of the night, asking for a drink of water. Your heart melted.

"Aw, hey sweetie," you affectionately reached up and ran a hand through his hair. His eyes closed at the contact and he leaned in to your hand. "Sleepy, huh?" He nodded, taking his hand off your arm and tangling your fingers together. "C'mere."

You led him to the soft, velvety, emerald green couch and used your wand to light the fireplace. You sat down and slowly pulled him down so he was curled next to you. He gently laid his head in your lap, turned over on his side, and leaned his forehead against your tummy. You smiled fondly and stroked his hair. He let out a long, relaxed sigh and within seconds was sound asleep. You took the opportunity to take a pillow, prop it on your shoulder, and catch up on your much needed 'z's.

No denying it, sleepy Draco was the best Draco.

Sorry this is extremely short but it's a cute little idea I've had for a while☺️ Hope you guys enjoyed it. Remember to vote, comment requests, and stay tuned for more updates! ~B