Two

"Please. Call me Steve." He insisted with a million dollar smile.

"It's such a pleasure. Captain Rog-" you shook your head as if to shake away the formalities,"I mean Steve. It is such a honor. You're incredible."

He laughed,"I could say the same for you. I've actually read some of your studies."

Your eyes widened,"You've read my articles?"

He nodded,"Yes I have, frequently actually. You know whenever they don't keep me held up in here." He elbowed Damien jokingly.

"I am so flattered." You blushed profusely.

"So am I. I uh actually wanted to ask you a question." He said to you before turning to Damien,"If you don't mind."

"Of course not." Damien responded to Steve and leaned in to kiss your cheek,"I won't go too far."

Damien walked away and Steve led you to an empty table and pulled out a chair for you.

You took a seat, and he sat next to you.

"So what's up?" You asked.

"I uh. Hypnosis. Mind control. Are those things real?"

You nodded,"Absolutely. Why do you ask?"

"Theoretics." He added causing you to raise an eyebrow. "If one of those were used would there be a way to reverse it?"

You shrugged,"Well yeah. But no one uses-"

"Theoretically." He cut in.

You gave a nod,"Well theoretically, yes it could be reversed. Depending on how extensive the practices were would determine how easy or long it would be to undo."

"Trigger words."

"Trigger words." You repeated after him. "Uh with trigger words the mind has been conditioned to associate a certain behavior with the word or words."

"Could it be reversed?"

You let out a sigh,"It wouldn't be easy."

"But is it possible?"

"I'm sure with your history you know anything is possible." You said with a smile in your voice.

He returned the smile, "Very true." He paused. "Thank you for humoring me and answering my hypothetical questions."

You raised and eyebrow,"Steve." You began,"I have a psychology degree from Harvard. I know you weren't just being curious."

His face changed to an unreadable expression.

"But I also know not to dig too deep so I won't. Just be careful. Something like this isn't easy. It can be very dangerous and you don't want to be caught up in that Hydra crap again."

"You know about Hydra?" He asked clearly surprised.

"Like I said Rogers. I went to Harvard. I know more than I lead on."

He nodded,"I like you."

You threw back your head and laughed," Thank you. The feeling is mutual. Please be careful Steve. The powers that be don't like being messed with."

He nodded,"Don't worry I'm a-"

The conversation was cut short by the sound of glass shattering.

The room fell silent except for a few screams.

Ropes dropped in from part of the broken glass ceiling before people slid down the ropes and into the building.