Forty

"They...they want to meet me? After I tried to kill them? Why?" He asked confused.

"They know how I feel about you and they're willing to look past everything for that. Plus they understand it wasn't your fault."

"How you feel about me? How do you feel about me?"

You gave a small smile,"I love you more than anything. You're the most important thing in my life James."

He looked nervous,"You really mean that?"

You nodded,"Of course I do."

He gave a nervous smile.

"What's wrong Buck?"

"I just...you're perfect." He kissed your forehead.

"Cmon. Let's go eat." You opened the door revealing Sam on the other side about to knock.

"Bucky?" He said.

"Uh. Hey Sam." Bucky responded.

Sam grabbed your hand and began pulling you away from Bucky and standing in front of you shielding you.

You almost rolled your eyes.

"Are you Bucky or the winter soldier?"

Bucky rolled his eyes,"I'm Bucky, and I've been here since last night. Penny is safe. I won't hurt her."

"What about me? Are you going to hurt me?"

"Not if you get your hands off my girl."

You smirked from behind Sam as he quickly let go.

"Sorry man. Look I'm glad you're back and you're safe. We've been worried about you."

Bucky gave a small smile,"Thanks."

"Cmon. I'm starving." You finally spoke.

"I need to go out for a bit, it'll give you two some privacy. Call me if you need anything." Sam said before leaving the apartment.

You skipped to the kitchen to find something to eat.

"Penny. Why was Sam here?"

You turned around to face Bucky who was standing there with his hands at his side awkwardly.

"Steve told him to look after me. Make sure you didn't come back here as the winter soldier." You shrugged nonchalantly.

"So he..." he paused. "He slept here. With you."

You sighed and walked over to him,"It wasn't like that James. He was just here protecting me. You know I'm yours."

His lip twitched to a small smile then fell again.

"I should be the one protecting you but I was the threat."

"You have to stop beating yourself up about this. You'll get better. We will make you better. I won't stop until I do. You're mine. All mine and I'm going to do whatever it takes to make you happy."

He took a seat in a dining chair and pulled you into his lap.

"I'm already happy." He said.

You looked at him for a second before kissing the furrow between his brows.

"Not fully, but you will be." You kissed him again and got up to find some food.

You rummaged through the fridge and decided sausages and eggs would have to do until you went grocery shopping again.

After breakfast you got dressed and was off to see your parents.

You sat in the back with Bucky consoling him as Sam drove.

"Bucky, it's going to be okay." You grabbed his hand to try to easy the light shaking.

"They won't like me Penn. I just know it. I tried to kill them. How could they like me?"

"Because I do. They'll give you a chance and that's all you need. Once you get a conversation going they'll love you."

You glanced over at the flowers Bucky got for your mom. His idea.

"Baby," you began reaching over,"Let go of the flowers please. You'll kill them if you keep holding them so tight."

You took them from his hand, placed them beside you and kissed his cheek.

"What if they see I'm not good enough for you doll?"

You shook your head,"They won't. Because you're perfect for me. There's nothing else to see. You're all I want and they need to except that or I won't be happy."

He smiled for the first time since you finished breakfast.

"I love you so much doll."

"I love you mor-"

"Don't even say it! There's no way you love me more."

You laughed and rolled your eyes,"And why not?"

"Because I loved you from the second I laid eyes on you." He kissed the back of your hand.

Your expression softened.

"Really?"

He nodded,"When I heard you humming in the restaurant...you sounded so heavenly and looked so beautiful just looking around at the pictures on the wall. I knew you were special."

"But I thought you didn't remember."

"I didn't, until last night when we did those memory exercises. Then it came back to me." He laughed in thought,"You called me big man."

You smiled and blushed,"You are pretty large."

He laughed again.

You leaned your head on his shoulder and enjoyed the silence for the rest of the drive.

Once you reached Steve's house James became more nervous.

You tightly clenched his hand as you walked to the door.

Of course Steve answered.

"Bucky!" He excitedly began,"So glad you're okay. What happened?"

Bucky explained how he left and regained his senses but not his memory but eventually wandered back to you where you helped him remember.

You rubbed Bucky's palm with your finger helping him relax as your parents were just in the other room.

"Well Bucky we're all glad you're back and no one got hurt."

Bucky silently and nervously nodded.

"Penny's parents are in the other room. Go on in." Steve ushered.

You gently tugged Bucky into the other room.

When your parents saw you they stood and smiled.

You let go and rushed over to them squeezing them tightly.

Once you let go you went back to Bucky and pulled him to where your parents were.

"Mom, dad. This is my boyfriend Bucky."

Sorry this sucks I've been sick/unmotivated/working. Pretend you enjoy it anyways :)