Seventeen

Bucky was still gone when your nightmare woke you.

You were always scared Damien would find you. He'd probably kill you if he did.

You sat up in bed breathing heavily as you tried to relax.

You subconsciously grabbed your phone.

"Penelope? Is everything okay?" Bucky answered on the second ring.

"I....I had a nightmare." You paused. "I'm sorry. I feel silly. I shouldn't have called."

"It's okay." He was silent for a second, presumably thinking of something to say.

"Lay down." He said in a calm tone.

You did as instructed.

"Close your eyes."

You did that as well.

"Think of something peaceful. Anything. Peaceful colors, peaceful places, peaceful sounds. Anything you want doll. Just think."

You tried but Damien kept flooding your mind.

"Relax. You're breathing too fast. Slow down. Nice, easy breaths. Like me. In." He inhaled. "And out." He exhaled and repeated as you copied his breathing pattern.

"Just like that." He said a minute later. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yes." You said with a breathy smile.

"Good. I've got to go. Try and get some sleep."

"Okay. Goodnight James."

"Goodnight Penelope."

The call dropped and you placed the phone down beside you.

You focused on breathing and Bucky's voice to help you fall asleep.
--------------

When you woke up Bucky was in bed next to you asleep.

You smiled seeing that he was okay.

You quietly and carefully climbed out of bed, showered and changed.

You called room service and ate.

Since you had no idea what time Buck had gotten back you thought it'd be best to let him sleep. He was surely exhausted.

You grabbed your laptop and sat on the couch doing your best to do therapy through emails answering any questions your patients had.

You glanced at the clock and realized a few hours had gone by.

Bucky was still fast asleep.

You decided to look at any news reports to catch up on what was happening in the world.

There were articles about Tony Stark's latest charity work along with the usual news.

There was also an article about Damien.

It basically stated that he is still at large and his DNA can prove that he played some part in Claire's murder.

You sighed.

You hoped someone would find him fast.

You eventually closed the laptop after sending a few more emails.

Bucky still slept so peacefully.

Your heart leaped remembering how sweet he was when you called about your nightmare.

Bucky always went above and beyond for you.

You wanted to do something nice for him but you don't know much about things he likes. He's still figuring that out himself.

You pouted.

You heard a deep chuckle.

"You're so cute when you pout."

Bucky was looking at you, his hair disheveled, his torso smooth and bare.

He looked like a god.

You looked away and smiled to yourself.

"Did you sleep well after we got off the phone?" He asked regaining your attention.

You nodded,"Yes I did. Thank you. I was just thinking about that actually. You've been so nice to me and I wanted to do something for you but I don't know what."

His brows furrowed.
"Do something for me? Penny. You saved my life. I'm already in debt to you."

"I still didn't fix the problem. If anyone got a hold of those trigger words they could still control you. I didn't do anything. I failed you."

He pulled the sheets back.

He was wearing sweatpants that hung rather low on his hips.

He stood up and walked over, his hips gently swaying driving you crazy.

He knelt down in front of you.
"Penelope. I have my sanity because of you. I can sleep because of you." His jaw clenched for a second. "I can smile because of you. So what the job isn't done? There's still time. I won't leave you anytime soon."

You smiled widely involuntarily displaying your feelings.

"You mean that Buck?"

"Every word doll."

You leaned in and kissed his soft stubbly cheek.

He smiled and got up heading to the bathroom.

You leaned back into the chair and sighed happily.

You wondered what it would be like to have Bucky's lips pressed against yours and his big strong arms wrapped around you squeezing you gently.

Bucky wanted to talk about 'us' that must mean he has feelings for you too right?

Bucky sometimes wasn't the best at expressing himself. Maybe you were misinterpreting things.

After a few minutes Bucky came out of the bathroom.

He smiled at you.

"I uh got you some food." You said pointing to the cart near the couch.

He smiled even wider.

You didn't know much about Bucky but you did know that he loved food.

He grabbed the plate, sat down beside you and began stuffing his face.

He paused and looked over at you, "I'm sorry. Did you want some?" He asked it his cheeks stuffed.

You giggled and shook your head.

He smiled and went back to scarfing down the food.

You always made sure the waiter brought enough food. Bucky could eat three servings of food in one sitting.

You smiled and and looked back at the tv.

After he finished eating he cleaned up and sat back down.

You looked over to him,"So anything happen last night?"

He shook his head. " He has to come back soon. He's left a lot of valuable things. He'll come for them. It's a pretty populous area he won't risk getting caught. He'll only come at night. And Steve and I will be there to get him."

You nodded.

"Until then. What do you want to do?"

You shrugged.

"There's nothing to do in this room."

"Maybe we can go swimming. There's gotta be a pool somewhere in this damn place."

"I think on the first floor. But someone could see us."

"Steve said if we need anything call Jackson. But everyone here is close with Steve. They'll stay quiet." He got up and grabbed the room phone.

A minute after initially talking he hung up.

"Alright doll. Let's go swimming."

Who else loved Bucky and Penny's phone call? It was so cute I was blushing while writing it.